Chapter 4

“Your hearts against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck. I’m falling for your eyes, but they don’t know me yet. With a feeling I’ll forget, I’m in love now.” 

Music pumped through the little house that belonged to Harry and his family, the smell of alcohol filled the whole house, even through the bedrooms that had access to them, there weren’t many people there, but enough to call it a crowded house.  Louis was doing his best to at least keep the house clean for the courtesy of Anne, his head wasn’t really switched on properly, and he knew that for a fact. Having found his girlfriend cheat on him with his best friend, Stan, probably wasn’t the best way to start a day. Harry had found himself drifting away from Louis, as he was catching up with old friends; as Louis watched Harry from the kitchen, he saw shot after shot, pint after pint and so on being thrown down his throat and every time Harry threw his head back, making his curls flop all over the place, Louis just simply smiled. The rest of the boys, whom Louis had seen once or twice, were getting to know everyone. Zayn had hooked up with one of the girls they’d met the day before at KFC, the name was a distant memory in Louis’s mind. He knew it’d come back to him when Zayn would speak of his eventful night the next morning. Liam started off being the one fretting about at the start of the night, keeping everything clean until Niall pulled him away and got alcohol in his system. It probably wasn’t best, at the time; one of Liam’s kidneys supposedly didn’t work. Wouldn’t stop Niall from getting Liam drunk. Then there was Louis, who had finally cleaned up the vomit on the bathroom floor. To be honest, Louis had left Harry with the bottle of Vodka, and the was well gone two hours ago. So Louis hadn’t been intoxicated at all. But that’s what he was about to do.

Slipping and sliding through the crowd of people down the stairs, Louis finally made it back down to the kitchen, fetching himself a bottle of cider. Looks like he was left with the shitty alcohol. He didn’t quite mind though. As he looked around through the familiar faces, none of the boys were to be seen. Louis frowned and pushed through a few people, while being knocked into someone else. He whipped his head around, and noticed a young blonde girl with her drink all poured over her dress, thank god it was black, Louis thought. He gently pulled her away, “Jesus, I’m so sorry babe. I totally didn’t see you!” 

She slightly giggled, and Louis wasn’t quite sure if she was drunk or not because he’d never seen or heard her speak, “No, no you’re right.” 

“Here,” Louis spoke as he took her wrist, “I’ll help you get cleaned up.” 

The blonde petite girl nodded, and Louis brought her into Harry’s mums’ bathroom where no one was roaming about. He sat her down on the toilet seat, and grabbed a few paper towels, wetting them and softly dabbing her. There were a few moments of silence before the girl spoke, “I’m Ellis by the way.” 

Louis looked, completely oblivious up at Ellis until he realised he hadn’t yet introduced himself yet, “Oh,” he laughed, slightly embarrassed, “I think I’m making a real shit first impression. First spilling your drink on you then not introducing myself, I’m Louis. Louis Tomlinson.” 

Suddenly a wide grin formed across Ellis’s face, leaving Louis confused, “Ah the fifth band member of One Direction,” she smiled as she took Louis’s hand away from her stomach and place the paper towels on the basin, “I’m Harry’s best friend. You know he was worrying you wouldn’t turn up tonight.”

Louis raised his eyebrow as he sat himself on the bathroom floor and leant against the wall, picking up his cider and taking a sip, “Really now?” 

Ellis nodded, half smiling, “Seems he’s real protective over you too.”

“Oh yeah, and how can you justify that?”