Chapter 9

"One day it’s here, and then it’s gone, how are you still holding on? You’ve felt this way for far too long, waiting for a change to come. Know you’re not the only one.” 

12th of December 2010 – X Factor Live Grand Final After Party.

“Thought I saw a girl brought to life, she was warm she came around, she was dignified, she showed me what it was to cry

You couldn’t be that girl I adore, you don’t seem to know or seem to care what your heart is for. But I don’t know her anymore, 

there’s nothing left, I used to cry, my conversation has run dry, that’s what’s going on, 

Nothing’s fine I’m torn, 

I’m all out of faith, this is how I feel

I’m cold and I’m ashamed, lying naked on the floor, 

illusion never changed into something real, I’m wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn.

You’re a little late and I’m already torn, (I’m already torn)

There’s nothing left, I used to cry, inspiration has run dry, that’s what’s going on, 

Nothing’s fine I’m torn,

I’m all out of faith, this is how I feel, I’m cold and I’m ashamed, and I’m laying naked on the floor, illusion never changed into something real, 

I’m wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn,

You’re a little late and I’m already torn, 

Torn..”

To say those past couple of months were all a waste would’ve been senseless. With coming third, on the show, the five boys were mostly uncertain of what was to come next. But what they were all certain about was that they would stay together as One Direction and work their way up as Harry had promised back at his mums’ bungalow. All five were willing to go through with that. After all, they were now the five brothers that had dreams and hopes to take over the world. But for now, it was time to celebrate.

A lot had happened since day one of X Factor being live and big in the UK. It seemed the changes had taken a big toll on all the members of the house including the boys of One Direction. It was madness, as Harry always would say on a day to day basis. Everywhere they went in England, they were suddenly noticed. Hordes of screaming girls came flying at them, and unlike others, the five of them were cool with that. It was obvious to say there was plenty female attention directed towards them all. Especially Liam, he’d found himself the back-up dancer of the show as Harry cheekily introduced them both. Zayn at the time, was interested in another contestant, her name was Rebecca, with kids too. Niall on the other hand, wasn’t too fussed about having a girlfriend; nothing for him was serious apart from his career. 

It was then left down to Louis and Harry. Both of them, mischievous and the double trouble of the house. Harry indeed enjoyed the female attention but hadn’t yet taken it to advantage; he wasn’t really like that either. He would say, “I don’t know, I think it’s just if I see someone I fancy then I guess I’d try. I’m still sixteen, almost seventeen. I’m not looking for anythingserious.”

Yet, it seemed to everyone that Harry was secretly serious with Louis – as if to say an old married couple. It was also the same for Louis, after breaking up with his long term cheatinggirlfriend; he was enjoying Harry’s company. Being sworn they were gay together a few times, both denied. They were straight, that’s how everyone was supposed to see it. No one knew about their encounter months back, not even them it seemed. But at the back of their minds, there it sat. Both of them worried that at any moment the thought that was hidden in the back of their minds would soon come back.