Chapter 1

"Silver in the sunlight, you light up my heart. It feels like we’re in the sun, the sun, we’re running in the sun like nothing matters at all.” 

Late Summer 2010 – A little town just between the West Midlands and the North West of England, Cheshire, 7.46 am.

Being home for Harry had to be one of the best things in the world. He could smell the fresh air of his almost country like town, even in the middle of summer; he could still feel his hairs on his arms stand up. It wasn’t like him to be up so early on a weekend, or even a week day. Today and the rest of his life however, were going to be different. Harry could feel changes all around him, despite the fact three of four of his new band mates were spread across his bungalow either snoring or speaking in their sleep; he knew everything was bound to change.

Sixteen years old was quite a young age to be feeling like you knew what you wanted to do for the rest of your life. But so was not having any clue what you aspired to be. This was never anything that Harry had really wanted, all until the moment he’d got two yeses on The X Factor. All he’d needed really, not bothering if he got through or not was an opinion and more than that, he got yeses.  As boot camp came along and Harry seeped into the environment around him, he realised this wasn’t something he could have in life, it was something he wanted in life. Of course he never expected to be going through with four other boys. Then again, he had the choice. Stay in a band on the X Factor or go home and Harry wasn’t going to give in. Plus, four other boys that were going through the same experiences Harry was didn’t seem bad one bit. In fact, over the past couple of weeks, they were on their way to becoming Harry’s closest friends.

Pulling his tracksuit trousers on, and a jumper on, Harry watched three of his friends still fast asleep. If it wasn’t for Louis’s legs spread over Harry and the snores in his ears, he would’ve still been asleep. But that didn’t bother Harry quite that much, he laughed at the sight of his petite friend before him. If there was anyone he was vastly becoming close or even attached to, it was Louis. Three years older, 18; but he seemed to understand Harry the most. With a Justin Bieber bowl cut, and piercing blue eyes almost as clear as the sea, that was Louis Tomlinson. Along with his arrogant yet hilarious personality, he was someone who always had a voice and spoke it. There was no bullshit with Louis it seemed, and Harry knew straight away, that’s what he adored about Louis. He was him. Not a fake bone in his body.

As Harry walked across the mist covered green grass, along to the main house he heard Led Zeppelin flowing through the house and smiled, it wasn’t the only thing he could hear; banging and clashing of tins and pots. He smiled to himself, his mum was cooking. Pulling the sliding door open, Anne, Harry’s mum, whipped her head around and graciously smiled, “Morning love. You’re up early, I was hoping you would wake up later so it’d be all ready just in time for all of you waking up.” 

Harry laughed to himself; his mum was always the one to make everyone feel welcome and just loved to cook. He could see the sight before him, eggs boiling, bacon crackling and juice placed in five cups, “Thanks mum,” he placed a cheeky quick kiss on her cheek, “Is Zayn here yet?” 

Anne turned to Harry, “He in fact is,” she chuckled to herself, “That’s why Led Zeppelin is actually blaring through the house, because Robin wanted to show Zayn who seems at least interested in his new turn table how loud the music goes.”

Harry shook his head; his stepdad was a music fanatic from anything to Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones he went mental over. Before Harry could make his way into the living room, his mother pulled gently pulled him back by the wrist, “He seems quite uneasy at the moment. Just take it easy and ask if he’s okay, will you dear?”