Chapter 1

In which our hero meets his new partner.

It hadn't even been a week. Obsidiania had only been gone for about 5 days. Enigma refused to say the D-word. She isn't dead.

It hadn't even been 5 days and already there was a new, young heroine roaming the city. Almost like everyone had forgotten about their missing savior. She was almost the complete opposite from Obsidiania. Her pink-dyed hair and pastel costume colors were a definite change from Obsidiania's black and purple palette. He didn't even know the new superhero' name. Scratch that. He didn't want to know her name. From a distance, she seemed iffy, her strategy always different with each new enemy.

Enigma shook those thoughts away from his head, realizing he was beginning to sound obsessive. He turned, jumping to the roof in front of him. He patrolled the city, jumping from roof to roof, ledge to ledge. Finding nothing of suspicion, he decided to hang out on the ledge he had jumped onto. He heard someone land behind him. Then, he felt someone sit by him. Murmurs broke the silence between them. He could barely make out who was saying it and what they were saying. Paper ripping, which he could only assume was a bandaid paper. What else could it be?

The murmurs stopped. He decided to break this new silence. "Do you need any help?" He voice was rough and deep. He must've scared the person, because they jumped up.

"Who're you?!" A feminine voice yelled at him. He turned to face the owner of the voi- It's her. The new superhero. Obsidiania's replacement. He's faced with her metal staff. He could make out every wound on her. Bruises were blossoming across her pale skin, he tried not to think about the marks that could be under her suit. "Did you hear me?!" The staff poked his cheek. Adorable.

"I'm Enigma. And you?" He was practically famous for his lack of fucks to give. Her expression changed from scared to almost disappointed.

"Godnoid." That's her name? How dumb is that. Godnoid. He rolled the name around in his head. He liked it, but it's dumb. How does that work.

Is he obsessed with this Godnoid