Chapter 4

In which she asks him out for ice cream.

Amica Pagnozzi regretted staying out so late last night. Though, she found herself late with a boy that's in her chemistry and math classes. At least, she knew someone. "Hey." He spoke up before she even thought to. She smiled at him.

"Hi." His voice was so familiar. She couldn't place it. "I'm Amica Pa-"

"I know." He cut her off. A surprised expression graced her features. "I'm Ito, but whatever." She found that he seemed nothing like who she assumed him to be. Sure, she's seen how quiet he is, but he has a sweet face. And, he's shaped like a friend. She's going to be his friend.

"We could blow this popsicle stand and get some ice cream." She gave an odd half-smile. 

He didn't know what to say. The popular, new girl asking some low-life out for ice cream. He took a moment to look over her appearance. Pink hair tied up in a messy bun, half smile gracing her lips. Even the dark circles under her eyes and the bruise on her collarbone seemed perfectly placed, as if she was art. He noted her flowery jacket, even on the summery heat of the morning, and her shorts. What looked like concrete scrapes and hello kitty bandages covered her legs. After thoroughly checking her out, he quickly nodded. "Sure, let's go."

She smiled, her teeth were really bright. Her green eyes glittered, like polished beads.