Chapter 3

In which She uses her powers for a questionable reason.

Godnoid found herself mindlessly hopping from roof to roof. Nothing too exciting was going on, so she was just getting to know the town. She tried her best to mentally mark down each cafe she saw. Well, each cafe an- "Hey." A voice broke her thoughts. Specifically, a male voice that she, even though she'd only heard it once or twice by now, knew it all too well. "You know Godnoid, we've had no other conversations like this, you should talk to me more." He reasoned.

She groaned. "Why would I do that?" She turned to face him. "I can do perfectly well without a partner." Her Italian accent sweetened her harsh words.

Enigma gasped in an over-the-top dramatic way that was painfully fake. Then, he returned to his naturally stoic state. "Godnoid, my love, how could you? I thought we had something special."  She groaned, rolling her eyes.

"Listen here, Enigma, leave me alone. I can get into your stupid mind, mess you up." She spoke in a threatening tone. However , yet again, her accent threw him off. Even with her threats, he laughed. He found her threats to be hilariously endearing. This, of course made her angrier. When fire began gleam in her hands, he took a step back.

"Goddy, babe- Godnoid, we can, we can talk about this. There's no need to kill the only other hero in this, uh, uh, town." He tried to remain calm, well, as calm as one can be when a girl is walking towards you with fire in her hands. She waved her hand in his direction, a distinctly animal-like shape of fire flew towards him. With that, he squeezed his eyes shut, mentally creating a wall in front of him. When he opened his eyes, all he saw was a puff of pink smoke. Then he heard her laughter, like music, it rung throughout the night. She looked like she might fall off the roof if she laughed any harder. The way her hair seemed to glitter and shimmer as she moved. Her laugh moved her entire body- That's enough. She stopped.

Later that night, "You saw my power." She broke the silence between them. 

"Fire?"

"Illusions." She smiled at him. "Fully interact-able, most of the time."

He imagined what she could possibly do with a power like that. She continued to speak, something about ice cream and how they should find a store that's open at the moment. He mentioned something about loving to, but having to go, having a chemistry test the next morning. She agreed, saying she had one as well.

And, they left.