Chapter 5

In which an enemy is encountered.

Enigma waited, and waited, and waited. Then waited some more. He stood there for what seemed like an hour, then heard the faint sound of a light landing on the roof. He sighed, relieved to finally has on-off partner back. "Goddy, finally. Where were you?" He turned to face the person behind him.

He didn't expect it. 'It' being the woman, in one hand she held Godnoid by the neck and the other she had a glowing staff at least six inches from Engima's nose. "Sorry, seems 'Goddy' is tied up in a meeting. Can I take a message?" She brought Godnoid closer to her face. "See, Miss? I told you to clear your meetings." She smiled, pushing Godnoid to the ground. She then proceeded to jab her glowing staff into Godnoid's hip, awakening a sharp shriek. When she lifted the staff, a circular, bleeding burn had replaced it. Tears wet her mask, she pushe don the burn as hard as she could. 

Enigma could do noting but watch, until, of course, he remembered he had powers. He closed his eyes, attempting to imagine a way out of this. His hands trembled, the only thing that could come to mind was Godnoid's power and how this could all be a trick. His hands began to burn. What felt like a hundred suns burnt through his palms. He opened his eyes. Completely useless fire was burning his hands. 

The villain was visually growing bored. She rolled her eyes and used her glowing staff like a bat, hitting him right in the face.