five

Luke and I had been texting all night and I can see he's a really nice guy. I'm excited to actually go out with him tonight and properly talk to him in person.

I smiled at the thought of Luke and I shake my head, thinking I probably look stupid right now.

"Mom, I'm scared. Brooke's smiling alone." Cooper called out for mom.

"I certainly am not." I huffed.

"You sure did!! You're face was like this." Cooper said then copied the face I made I few moments ago.

"Sooo, what is it Brooke? A guy?" Mom said as she nudged my arm while she puts the scrambled egg on my plate.

"Ugh, mom... yes, it's a guy. And uh... we're going out tonight?" I groaned.

"Oooh, is he cute? I have to see him for myself!" She said while clapping her hands.

"You'll see him, he'll be picking me up tonight." I smile.

"BROOKEY HAS A BOYFRIEND!" Cooper annoyingly teased.

"Just shut up Coop. And he's not my boyfriend," I said annoyed.  "Finish up your food and let's head to school."

-

"...and then she pointed me and said, 'Ms. Hill what the hell are you doing?!'" Ricci said, while mocking her science teacher.

"Did she really?" I said, while laughing really hard.

"Yes, I'm dead serious," Ricci laughed some more. "Anyway, Mr. Hemmings there keeps looking at you."

I glanced at Luke who was indeed looking at me and he quickly looked away, but looked back again and smiled. I smiled back.

"Brooke, he's into you!" Ricci said, shaking my shoulders as if I didn't hear her.

"Geez, Ricci, calm down," I let out a small laugh. "Yeah, he's asked to take me out today."

"Aw, that's so cute! You're finally going out after he-who-shall-not-be-named." She said before biting from her burger. I just rolled my eyes and continued eating. But I admit I glanced at Luke more than once while I did.

-

Time progressed fast and it was now 7:30. I am getting dolled up for the date night, although not too dolled up, just my normal knee-ripped jeans and a band tee and a denim jacket.

After a few minutes of putting my make-up on, Luke finally arrived.

"Goodevening ma'am, I'm here to pick up Brooke?" Luke nervously told my mom.

"Oh dear, just call me Cass. Also, Brooke will be down in a minute." My mom smiled as she replied to Luke.

"Hey, Luke." I greeted.

"Hey, you ready?" Luke asked, I'm pretty sure he's still nervous, and I don't know why.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Mom, I'll be back soon."

"Have fun you two!" She said as she closed the door.

"So," I looked up to him. He sure is tall. "What are we up to tonight?"

"Well we're going to have dinner first and I'll bring you somewhere." Luke smiled.

"Alright sir, I'll leave tonight to you." I said as we both laughed.

Luke, being the gentleman that he is, opened the car door for me which I didn't really expect. He's so cute.

"So, Brooke, you want me to turn on the radio or..?" Luke said, as he glanced at me seeking for an answer.

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I replied while smiling. "How's math?"

"I'm getting a hang of it, thank for that by the way." Luke smiled.

My Chemical Romance was playing on the radio and suddenly Luke's hand found its way to mine. It felt nice and I have a feeling it'd be like this more often.

We had our dinner in a cute little hipster restaurant downtown. It was fun talking to Luke, although I noticed he was still nervous; his rambling and stuttering here and there gave it away. He seems to be confident in holding my hand though, it feels nice so I didn't mind at all.

"We're here." Luke said as we pulled up to an abandoned lighthouse.

"Wow.. this is not what I expected." I said with a small smile.

"A bit too weird?" Luke asked, disappointment in his eyes.

"No, no, it's unusual, but I like it actually. You go here often?" I asked, reassuring him.

"Yeah, I do.. I just think it's really peaceful. I, um, always come here to clear my head. Uh, come, I'll show you my favorite spot."

He then intertwined his fingers with mine and carried on talking about this place that he really seemed to hang out a lot. We went up and when we reached the top, the beautiful calming sea and a few lights from afar made me really speechless.

"I... wow. This is amazing Luke. How'd you find this place anyway?" I asked, while he motioned for me to sit beside him.

"We lived near here before. I used to skate here whenever my mom and dad fought. It became a hobby to go here then, even after we moved." Luke said fiddling with his fingers.

"Oh. Well, it's beautiful and I'm glad you brought me here." I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder.

We stayed silent after that. The sound of the beach waves crashing against the rocks, me spending time with Luke tonight and him holding my hand, everything was just perfect.

-

double update!!!! :))))

making it up to you guys. this was roughly 877 words but it'll get longer i promise!

thoughts?

i'll be updating friday this week :)

-ikka x