Wherever You Are (5SOS)

"So you're just leaving?" I asked. The words rang in my ears.

We're going on tour

"We're leaving in a week," Calum tried.

"Its just not fair! How could you just leave? What about school?" I asked.

"It's an opening act for One Direction! This doesn't just happen! Would you take this offer if you had it?" Luke asked.

"I'd take it....but what about school?" I repeated.

"I dont know....." Luke ran his fingers through his hair.

"Who cares about school?! School is crap!" Michael called out from his seat. I rolled my eyes.

We were sitting in Luke's living room after school. I tugged on my sweater sleeves and pulled the hem of my skirt that fell below mid-thigh. "What I dont understand is that why accept it if you don't have a drummer?" I asked.

This HAD to keep them from going.

"Shit." Luke cursed.

"Calm down. Its obvious isnt it?" Calum grinned.

"What?" I asked growing nervous. NO NO NO! You were supposed to give up! Damn you Calum!

"You. You be our drummer." Everyone looked at me with excitment. I gulped.

"Guys I can't I have school." I pointed out.

"But you can actually play!" Michael whined.

"You and school!" Luke teased.

"And I plan on completing it thank you very much," I retorted, "Unlike you all who plan on being dumbasses for the rest of your lives."

I pulled my sock up further along my leg. I was doing anything to keep from focusing on what they were saying.

"We can just look for a drummer." Calum shrugged.

"Its not that easy! How many people do you know that play the drums in this city? How about in all of Australia?" Luke whined.

"Um well one is right here." Michael started.

"And I'm a girl so.." I continued

"A male shouldn't be hard to find." Calum finished. It was quiet. Luke was probably trying to think of how to find a drummer, Micheal was probably thinking about food...and Calum..... Well you can never know what to expect with that one.

"Don't you all remember?" I said tentatively. "Remember what?"

I sighed, "My stepbrother, is a drummer," I sighed. Why would I tell them this if I don't want them to go? I don't know.

"He is?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, Ashton? He's 18," I said.

"Can we call him?" Calum asked. Ashton actually doesn't like them. He thinks they goof off in their covers too much. But I know, that if they offered him the chance to play, he would take it.

"Yeah I guess," I shrugged.

"I love you Katrina!" Luke crushed me in a hug while I just sat there. "Look Kat, I'm sorry we're leaving but this is a once in a life time deal! I'm not going to forget about you!" he exclaimed.

"Maybe.." I mumbled.

"Katrina. I will NEVER forget you." He said sternly.

"You think we could ever forget about you?" Michael asked.

"It's possible...seeing as you're leaving," I mumbled.

"We gotta make the most of this love!" Calum sighed.