The Marriage Project [Part 10]

A/N:

Alright, little talky time here, for I must tell you all something. :P

This book will be coming to a halt in the next part, now I know it's supposed to be a 'short story' BUT.... I think it's in between short story and medium sized. o_O I dunno... Oh well. :P But yup! I'll try to make you all happy with the limited spacing I have given myself and hope you've enjoyed Hayden's and Jade's and Sofia's little ride on here - granted Sofia kind of disappeared :/ - but I'm really glad I've gotten SOME reads! :D Those of you who have read it, thank you a million times and I wish I could hug you.

*virtually hugs you* c:

Alright... And with that, ONTO PART 10! Duunn ddduuunnn dddduuuunnnnnnnn ;p

-------------------------------------------------------

"I-I... I chose..." I fumbled for my words horribly. I couldn't chose.

I wouldn't chose.

But I had to!

I shook my head and stared at both of them, basically looking like statues, hardly moving, handsome, every detail of them was chiseled out perfectly. But how the heck am I supposed to pick between the two?

"I-I need some time to think... I'll get back to you tomorrow with all this." I almost muttered before I walked away towards my classes.

Holy crap, I thought. What the heck have I done to myself and Hayden? Why did I hesitate?! Why am I thinking to myself about this, when what's done is done? You know what? Screw it. Tomorrow I'm picking who my heart says to pick.

That whole day seemed to be a complete mess. From the time Hayden and I walked in, hand and hand, to the Trevor incident where he kissed my lips softly - yet passionately - to my classes.

The way the wind blew outside gave me shivers. The goose bumps that were forming all over my body gave me a suspicion. Somehow… Somehow I was stuck. I don’t know who to pick. I don’t know how the other will react to the decline of me.

I sighed heavily as the day slowed down slower it seemed.

As the day finally ended, I laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling while lost in thought and shuffle on my iPod. The way they made me decide was cruel, cold and cruel. The pain in my heart for having to part two ways felt like a knife was slowly ripping it. But then... What about Sofia? Why did Trevor kiss me like that?! The pervert...

Suddenly a song played from my iPod. It seemed to speak what I was thinking right now. (A/N: I posted the song on the side :P no judging - people have different genres they listen to, but I just thought it went well right now.)

It tore my heart.

It was true.

I didn't know what would happen if I didn't go for Hayden.

But, what if Trevor and I had a future?

Life stinks.

If I walked away now, what if Hayden had so much to say?

I mean, loving me... Is all he's trying to do.

I finally fell my eye-lids growing heavy. My eyes hurt, my head hurt... My heart hurt. I'll just wing it tomorrow. I'll speak before I think. I've already thought all too much about this.

~-♥-~

The next day, I walked into school with my chest heavy and pained. My throat had the biggest lump. If someone could see it, I'm sure they'd put it in the Genius Book of World Records and it'd hold the world record. As my shoes hit the steps, it seemed as if everything echoed and was in slow motion. It killed me.

Trevor and Hayden were arguing amongst themselves, but in a hushed tone. Both seemed like any minute, they would burst a blood vessel. I watched them vigorously as I felt tears sting my eyes.

They were fighting.

Fighting over me.

I caused this.

I ran up to them, a tear escaping from my tight hold of keeping them in as I screamed to both Hayden and Trevor.

"Enough! Do you think this is a war? A game? Maybe I'm just a toy, huh?" My brain wasn't working right. I felt like it wasn't all there - I wasn't all there. Half of me was tearing and crumbling away. But I wasn't going to let it get to me. "Trevor! You have Sofia as your partner, okay? You don't need me. In fact, it was a stupid thing to do yesterday. To kiss me. But Hayden... You didn't have to jump to conclusions. I just... I can't believe you two."

I shook my head as I ran to the school library and sat in a corner as I held my backpack to my chest and cried. I feel like an idiot right now. A complete idiot.

Why is there so much drama?

There shouldn't be.

Hayden showed up after a few minutes of my crying and hugged me. I felt... Safe. He soothed me by shushing me and softly stroking my long hair.

Finally I looked up at him. His irresistible eyes held concern and sadness. His parted lips showed anxiety. His body felt tense and uncertian.

Suddenly I placed my lips on his, kissing him softly. After a few seconds of a kiss that sent butterflies down into the pit of my stomach as they fluttered around, I pulled away and looked into his eyes as I ruffled his hair softly with my fingers at the back of his head.

"I... I chose you, Hayden. I... I think I like you." I softly gave him a half smile as he smiled lightly and placed his soft but tender lips back on mine.

And in that moment, I swear...

We were infinity.