Fight 26

Chapter 26.

Seven months later...

The thing about life is that it is so unpredictable... Everything is unpredictable... Well, if it isn't... Where's the fun and thrill in that?

But along with that unpredictability is pain. Worse is that the coming of the pain is also unexpected. You have no time to prepare yourself for it. Even love can't save you from it. And knowing that thing and can't do anything about it sucks.

You just want a simple life? Well, if that's the case, go ahead and get a kiddy book and read it coz in this world, in the real world... life can never be simple. It will never be simple. It can't just be flowers and unicorns. Most of the time, there are storms that kill the unicorns and destroy the flowers.

"Ylona..."

Sadness overwhelmed me the moment I heard my Dad's voice.

"Dad... Kumusta po dyan? How's Mom?"

"She's doing well. Ikaw, kumusta ka?"

I'm glad to know that my Mom's doing well... She's been in a coma for four months and even if I want to be there when she wake up... my commitments won't let me. Pero ayos lang... kahit masakit sakin na wala ako sa tabi niya, I'm so thankful that after months of a deep slumber, she finally woke up.

"I'm fine, Dad."

"That's a relief. I'm sorry if I can't visit you there, baby."

"That's fine, Dad. Just stay with Mom... I'm doing well here. Darren is always with me... Lexi and Maggie, too. Don't worry about me, okay?"

"Okay... I'll visit you as soon as I can...
and hopefully, with you're Mom."

"I'm looking forward to that, Dad..."

"Send my greetings to your friends."

"I will, Dad."

"Ylona..."

"Yes, Dad?"

"Happy birthday in advance. You know how much I love you, right? I'm proud of you, baby."

A tear escaped from my eye.

"I love you more, Dad... Thank you."

As soon as I ended the call, my tears flow down my face uncontrollably. I missed home... I missed my Mom and Dad... I missed him...

I just cry everything out. The sadness... the emptiness...

"Jade!"

I heard Maggie's voice and felt a warm hug. But no matter how warm her hug is... may kulang pa rin.

***

Tulala ako sa pagkain na nasa harap ko. Maggie invited me to eat dinner outside but I refused. Namamaga ang mata ko galing sa pag iyak. I can't let others see me like this. Because of that, she decided to just order food for us.

"Enough of this, Ylona. C'mon, what's happening to you? Really?"

"I just missed... home."

"Home? Or your asshole ex-boyfriend?"

Napatingin ako sa kanya."

"Don't call him that!"

"Oh my goodness! And you still defending him? After what he's done to you?!"

This is the first time that she open this topic without watching her words. It's like she's had enough of my crying and everything...

"It's my fault. I'm the one who left him." I said as I looked away. It still hurts. Damn.