Chapter Eight- Introductions

The next day Sutton woke up bright and early for her first day at the coffee shop. She would work everyday of the week from 3pm to 6pm and from 8am to 7pm on weekends. Sutton had quit her last job to work at the shop along side her new found friends. Trent worked the cash register while Richie made baked goods and Ethan brewed the coffee. Sutton would wash the dishes and wait on the tables and participate in other random jobs to maintain the store. Her first day went by slowly. She handed costumers their orders, swept the floors, and washed a couple glass plates. As the day started to pick up a young man about the same age as Sutton walked through the front door. Slowly he walked to the counter and ordered his drink. After his order was placed he took a seat at the back of the shop away from all the other costumers. In a matter of minutes Sutton walked over to his table with a croissant and a cup of coffee. As she set his food down on the table the only thing she could look at was his face. The boy had a busted lip and a black eye, but besides the fact that he looked beaten she remembered him from somewhere. After Sutton figured out where she had recognized him from it turned out that had recognized her too. He stared at her for a while until he finally spoke up.

"It's you," his voice was deep and firm but if you listened closely you could hear him shake.

Sutton smiled and shrugged, "It's me." After a few more moments of staring the boy stood up from his chair and gave Sutton a huge hug. Even if this boy was scrawny he still was a head taller than Sutton. Their arms were wrapped around each other tightly for what seemed like minutes until Sutton stepped back smiling. "I'm so glad you're ok." She grinned

"All thanks to you," he smiled. "Wait I almost forgot to introduce myself to you," the boy held out his hand towards Sutton and softly said, "my names George and thanks for saving me yesterday."

Sutton took his hand and shook gently, "Sutton and I didn't save you my friend did actually." Sutton guided George over to Ethan and introduced him. "This is Ethan, the guy that helped me and you."

Ethan studied George up and down then finally said, "glad to see you're ok." The expression on his face showed that he was not pleased with the man in front of him. Sutton steered George back to his seat and smiled.

"Don't mind him he's just a little grumpy today." She whispered

"I'll try not to," laughed George. Quickly he brought up a new topic, "So I was thinking maybe I could bring you out somewhere tomorrow, you know as a thank you gift for helping me."

Sutton blushed and nodded, "That sounds like it would be fun, but I don't get off of work until seven."

George grinned, "I'd be fine with that if its ok with you?"

"Hmm I think that would be ok with me," Sutton glanced around the room. Her eyes landed on Trent. He seemed as if he was angry, but hid it behind a fake smile.

George's funny grin seemed to get wider, "Ok I guess I'll meet you here tomorrow, it's a date," he said giddily. "See you later Sutt." With that George opened the front door and left the shop leaving a smiling girl and two angry boys behind.