Beautifully Broken: Chapter Ten

2nd semester is killing me! Its so hard. Sorry you guys had to wait for the next chapter.

Please tweet comment, vote, like, and critique!!!!! Pleaseeeeee?

Enjoy!

----

Chapter 10

ADDIE’S POV

“Thanks for being such a great friend,” I whispered sincerely as I hugged him even tighter. I felt his chest rise against mine, probably in relief of the whole situation.

I had just told him all about what Nate had done to me. I had said everything, who he was, why I liked him, what happened at school, the rumors, their judging eyes, and I had even managed to confess how I had tried to commit suicide some time ago.

I thought I would be embarrassed and I was cautious with details in the beginning, but he deserved an explanation for what I did in the pool. I was selfish for wanting to just fade away like that knowing I was with him, he must have been terrified.

Julian was the first person I ever talked to about it all. What if he didn’t believe me? What if he left because he would think I was too much of a nutcase to be around so often. We hadn’t even been friends for long and something as heavy as that so early would be enough to scare anyone off. Sometimes the way we acted around each other made me feel like we’d known each other for so long but how was I to be sure that he felt that way too?

But he did believe me.

I saw the sincerity in his blue-green eyes when he told me he understood me. Whatever I felt for him in that moment, I was sure I would want him as my friend.

As much as I knew that maybe I did feel something more for him, I had promised myself before college that I would put love off for now. That was all I could ever offer him and from the kindness he had shown me, friendship was all that he saw in me too right? Nothing romantic had ever happened between us. Heck, maybe someday I could help him filter a girlfriend out of the growing swarm of girls at school vying for his attention.

In that moment, I felt truly completely happy and then I realized that I was often happy when I was with him, in fact I was completely happy since I had left Riverside High School. Except for the occasional memory like tonight, that is.

I pulled away from Julian after a moment and put my hands on his upper arms so I could look at him at arms length. I took a long look at him and realized something was weird. His lips weren’t the pinkish color they usually were, his lips were almost purple. He was freezing!

 I quickly took off one of the towels he had wrapped around me earlier and wrapped it around him. In his hurry to get to me, he didn’t take his shirt off and was still soaked though an hour had probably passed since we left the water.

“It’s okay, silly. I-I’m not that cold” He managed to chuckle through chattering teeth as he tired to take the towel off his shoulders.

“Gee Julian it’s a good thing you don’t want to be an actor because you suck,” I replied smiling and standing up to fix the stuff we had left around the pool. “And no its not okay, you might catch something or get pneumonia or whatever. We still have that meeting with Professor Altman and I’m definitely not going to meet him alone.”

Julian decided to give in and lie down on the pool chair with his legs crossed. I took a seat on the other chair and started putting my top and skirt back on. It was getting late anyway now that I remembered the meeting so I might as well start fixing things and give him a chance to rest for a while.