Chapter 8

---

We were on our way to clinic where Georgina is. Tss. Sa totoo lang ay ayaw ko.

"Are you serious about the reason that I wanted to see Georgina? Hindi ko kasi talaga gusto," I said.

"Nah. As a team of Minovmatt Supervisors, we need each other to work," ang sagot ni Bea. "We need her tomorrow."

Nagpatuloy lang kami sa paglalakad. Anyway, hindi naman ito nakakapagod. And I became more interested when I found out about the Main Elevator.

"Ellaine," ang pagtawag ni Bea. "This way. Follow."

We turned left. Our feet then led us to a very catchy room. Pumasok kami sa hologram-filled door nang tahimik. Nang makapasok na kami, I kept myself from saying, "wow." This actually looked like a huge hospital, better than what I usually see.

"Aw." Napabulong ako nun dahil biglang sumakit ang ulo ko.

" No one can scan my mind. Psh, wala- "

"Amazed, huh?" Napatingin ako kay Strata dahil boses niya ang narinig ko. It just sounds like her voice, not so sure, though.

I confirmed if it was really Strata by looking. And I had my theory right.

"Sort of," ang matipid kong sagot. I like that kind of way, cool.

"Ha, here we are!" Bea caught my attention when she said those. Hinawakan niya ang white door na nasa right side namin. It never dissolved nor break. It just disappeared, just like magic.

Pumasok agad kami sa white room na iyon. Wow, in the simplest accent. The room was covered with white color and it was undeniably clean. In this room, nurse station shares the room by theirselves. On the other side, is a hall with a lot of white and clean doors and I bet those were the rooms of patients.

So this is what you call a clinic, huh?

More like a hospital.

"Good morning," with a light smile, Strata greeted. "May we ask where is Georgina Garcia?"

Oh, so Garcia pala ang family name niya? I never knew it. Just now.

"Room 23, ma'am," one of the nurses answered politely.

Bea and Strata turned to the hall then walked ahead to it. The two of them stopped at the front of a white door.

Room 23

Binuksan ni Bea ang puting pinto ng Room 23. Nagtataka nga ako kung bakit normal lang ang pinto na ito. Pero pagkabukas naman ng pinto, wow in the simplest accent. The room is bigger than what it appears outside. There must be a portal or something but enough thinking of that.

"Feeling well," Georgina suddenly said. No one asks her but her accent seems more like an answer.

"Good. We need you tomorrow," ang sabi ni Bea.

"Why?" she asked rapidly.

"You're a supervisor of a Company Team, just like us," ang explanation ni Strata. "See you tomorrow, bye."

Strata and Bea turned their backs immediately. They didn't even waited for Georgina's response. Anyway, I, too, turned my back the same way they did.

Oh, my. That was so rude. Super.

Hindi ko kinaya at nang makalabas na sila Bea at Strata, linapitan ko si Georgina.

"I am sorry for being that rude but I wanted you to be my friend, too," ang sabi ko sabay ngiti.

"I don't ask for your opinion."

"I just wanted-"

"I SAID, I - DON'T - NEED - IT!" Her voice echoed around, just like earlier. Wow, that's really eardrum-breaking. Seriously, it is.

"Sorry," ang bulong kong mahina at lumabas na lang nang tahimik.

Grabe, can she survive without friends? Does she share all her problems for herself? I can't live like that. Life would be so dull. And I think most people would feel the same.

"Oh." Napabungo ako sa pader. My forehead hurts. It just bumped on the cemented wall. Great in the simplest accent.

"Ma'am are you alright?" I turned my head to the Nurse Station. One nurse asked that.

"Yeah, I am." Upon saying those, I faced the plain white door of the Nurse Station. "Anyway, thank you."

I touched the door and it quickly disappeared. I didn't wait for nothing and I went out. Where are Strata and Bea?

I went through the holographic Clinic's Main Door. Oras na nakalabas ako sa pintong iyon, nakita ko si Strata at Bea na nakatalikod.

"Ehem," I uttered.

"What did she say?" That question from Bea welcomed me.

"Nothing, just shouted," ang simple kong sagot.

Naglakad na kami palayo at nakikita ko na mula rito ang Main Elevator. I remembered again the technique, close then open your eyes. And we finally reached the Main Elevator. It opened and Mr. Wilson came out of it.

"How are you all doing?" ang tanong ni Mr. Wilson.

"Good, Mr. Wilson." Medyo nagulat pa ako dahil sabay kaming tatlo sumagot.

"My name, Ellaine," he said and looked at me. I know what it means, okay? He wants me to call him Paolo. I just don't want. He is an Assistant Vice President and he deserves to be called appropriately.

"I've told the other Supervisors about this. Ellaine will have to see every station of the Company Teams," ang dagdag pa niya. "Just plan on it tomorrow."

He strode away after that. Wow, in the simplest accent. I will have a tour in every station of the Company Teams? That was so interesting!

"Bea, what now?" asked Strata.

"Tomorrow, we'll meet and plan about it. For now, we just have to prepare our Company Teammates," Bea answered smartly.

Bea entered the Main Elevator, which was right in front of us. Strata and I also stepped in.

Ground floor

The moment that the red and blue lights surrounded us, I closed my eyes then opened it. The lights disappeared and we left the Main Elevator.

"Ellaine, prepare your things," Bea said and Strata was just smiling, "for tomorrow's tour."

I nodded while smiling.

"Bye, besties!" That was Bea's voice. I waved back and smiled.

We all went to our own destinations. Mine is in my unit. So I went to the building of all units and went up to the floor.

"Mad for Science," I whispered my password then the bulletproof door went open.

A holographic wall scanned me and I heard my name.

"Ellaine Felidad."

I went inside my unit and I immediately prepared my things. Surely, the next day would be so long, just like this day.

---