~Chapter Fifteen~

10K sat with me in the jeep for a little bit, killing any Z that would come by or run towards us. He stood up, and shot two more zombies, making my ears ring more. You would think I would be use to it by now. "4,240. So before the apocalypse, did you go any other states besides New York and Texas?" 10K asked me, now looking down at me.

"Yeah, I think only one though" I responded. "I went to San Francisco with Maddox when we first started dating. His parents loved me, and wanted me to come even though we were only together for a month. He wanted me to come too, and we just spent so much time at the beach. I kept swimming the whole time while his mom laid out and got some sun, and Maddox's dad spent time with Maddox's little brother. That's when life was easier, even though I lost my parents."

10K bent down, and picked my head up with his hands. I looked into his eyes, and we kissed. Not just a peck, a real kiss. I missed his lips on mine. It seemed forever ago since we have kissed. We pulled away, and he sat back up, smiling down at me. "These people are really serious about alien life forms being here. Apparently, they telepathically talk to this girl name Bernadette."

My eyes widen. This time I didn't believe it, but I wouldn't tell 10K that. It would break his heart: maybe. "How does she act?" He shook his head, not even wanting to respond to that. I chuckled, and sat up on the jeep.

"Everyone here takes aliens seriously. Not the kind of place Murphy wants to be" he chuckled out. He looked around the area. "I think there is an air force base here. I should go tell the others. Knowing them, they'll want to fly out of here instead of driving." I nodded. He bent down again, and kissed my forehead. "I'll be back."

He jumped off the jeep, and walked inside. I laid back in the jeep, and started thinking about that day with Maddox. How happy him and I were back then.

"Come on! I want to get a picture of you two before you get in the water!" Maddox's mom exclaimed.

Maddox and I couldn't be serious around each other. We just kept laughing, and I could tell we were both awkward when it came to being near each other when parents were around. We shrugged, and he wrapped his arm around my waist from behind, and I wrapped mine arm around his. He turned his head towards me, and smiled. Then we heard the click from his moms phone.

"Okay, now go have fun. I won't ask for anymore pictures" she laughed out. Maddox then picked me up, and ran towards the water. I kept shrieking because I knew the water was cold. When he was finally in the water, the water splashed on my legs, which made me shriek more. "It's so fucking cold!" All Maddox did was laugh, and fell backwards. I didn't have a chance to react to it, but after I came back up for air, I gasped. "I hate you so much!"

"You really don't" he laughed out. He swam closer to me, and we stood in the water. He put his hands on my waist, and pulled me towards him. Pulling me right into a kiss. Our lips connected, and I felt like we were the only people in this world.

"Alexandria."

I opened my eyes, coming back to reality. I hate remembering those days. I looked to see 10K in front of me, and the others were on their way to the air force base 10K was talking about.

"Bernadette was going to take us to the air force base. Do you want to come, or are you going to stay here?" 10K asked me. I didn't really want to be by myself, but I really didn't want to go with them. This Bernadette chick seems weird, and I didn't want to be around her at all.

"I'll just stay here" I responded back to him. He nodded, and gave me a little wave. I waved back, and kept an eye out for any Z's. But I couldn't stop thinking about that Patrick guy. I want to know what his deal was. I know 10K wouldn't have hesitated to kill him. I'm not saying 10K would want to kill a human that didn't deserve it. I mean, come on: 10K is the most innocent and sweetest guy you will meet. But if you don't want to die, don't sneak up on him during a zombie apocalypse.