~Chapter Thirteen~

~10K's P.O.V.~

"I'm proud of you, kid" Doc joked, with a smile on his face.

I got red, and stayed quiet. Why did Vasquez have to tell everyone? It wasn't his business to begin with.

"Don't get to hard on yourself" he told me. "There will be other times. You won't die a virgin. But what made you finally want to?"

Even though Doc was like a father to me, it felt weird telling him this kind of stuff.

"I just had an urge, I don't know how to explain it" I admitted.

Then Doc started smirking really big. I rolled my eyes. "You were horny, kid. She made you horny."

I got red, and looked away from him. "Shut up" I mumbled under my breath.

"We've all been there" he admitted with a chuckle.

"Damn right we have" Warren announced aloud.

She looked back at us, and smiled. Vasquez smiled also. "I hate you guys sometimes" I told them, which made them laugh.

"I am all the time" Murphy admitted, putting his hands up.

"Why is that something you should admit?" I asked him.

"Hey, somebody gotta know" he chuckled out.

"Well, nobody is going to help with that" Warren stated. I chuckled, as everyone else. She backed up, and motioned Doc away from the both of us.

"Hey" she said to me. I looked over at her as we were walking. "You know, when I first met Alexandria, I thought of you two being together. The way she looked at you, it was different. And the way you looked at her, that was not the same look our 10K gives people."

I chuckled, and nodded. She continued on, "I did worry about having her in this group. We didn't know anything about her. Hell, we still don't. But that doesn't matter now. She's one of us, and she's our responsibility now."

"So if something happened to her, like if she was taken by someone," I thought about that Maddox guy. "we would go back to save her?"

"We haven't left anyone behind before, 10K, and I'm not going to start now" she replied back. "She's a good girl. Keeps this group together. I heard a lot about her losing her parents and a few other people who meant the world to her, but I've never seen such a happy girl before.

"When she thought you were gone, and she cried, it hurt me to see her hurt like that. I didn't show it though, but I knew how much she cares about you. How much love she actually has for you. She hardly showed any pain when her foot got caught in that damn bear trap. That's a strong girl, and we are definitely keeping her around."

She patted my shoulder, and walked back up towards Vasquez and Murphy. Doc came back towards me.

"Warren is right, 10K" he told me. "We won't let anything happen to her."

"I really do love her, Doc" I admitted to him. It wasn't something I could hide much longer. "You know what bothers me? The love I do have for her. Loving someone in the apocalypse is a pretty terrifying thing. You never know when something bad might happen, and you end up losing the one you love."

"That's really deep kid" Doc told me, "but you're absolutely right. You just have to watch out for her. Like you've been doing since you've known her."

I nodded. I can't lose her.

~Alexandria's P.O.V.~

"So I heard 10K almost lost his virginity" Addy smirked at me.