Chapter 47

Chapter 47: Hurt

"Na-uh, not that," said Mia when Ford was about to get a glass of champagne on the table.

Kinuha niya ang hawak-hawak ni Ford na champagne. Pagkuwa'y nagsalin siya ng tubig sa isang beer glass. Ito ang inabot niya sa kanya. 

"Here's a water for you. I heard from Vance that you just got admitted in the hospital. It's unhealthy for you to drink alcohol."

Natawa nang mahina si Ford. Umiling-iling siya, ngunit tinaggap din naman ang baso ng tubig. He shook the glass slightly. Tumunog ang ice cubes na nandoon. Tinitigan niya ito nang saglit.

"I won't die by drinking an alcoholic beverage for the night, though, Mia," nakangusong sambit niya.

"It's not good for you, Ford," I said then glanced at him who's sandwiched between Mia and I.

"Right! It's bad for your health. Don't even insist on drinking. You should take care of yourself, Josh. If you couldn't, how can you even take care of Saph?"

Tumawa lang nang mahina si Ford at ininuman nang kaonti ang baso ng tubig na hawak. Binaba niya rin iyon pagkatapos saka hinarap si Mia. Medyo nakatalikod siya sa akin at parang wala namang balak na pansinin ako kaya itinuon ko na lang ang atensiyon sa pagkain ng ilang snacks na narito.

I know he misses Mia, so I'll let him spend his time with her. Napasimangot ako.

Kanina, pagkapasok niya, agad na ibinaling niya ang atensiyon kay Mia. He smiled at her as soon as he came inside while he only nodded at me. It's not that I am mad or jealous in any way, pero medyo nakakatampo 'yon.

"It makes me sad to know that you were sick in bed these past few days," rinig kong sabi ni Mia.

"I see. You're too worried about me, huh?" malambing ang tono ni Ford.

He even pinched the tip of Mia's nose. Hindi iyon nakawala sa paningin ko kahit pa paminsan-minsan lang ang sulyap ko sa kanilang dalawa. He looks so happy with her. As usual.

"Of course, I am."

"Don't worry about me too much."

"How could I not? You matter to me. I couldn't help it."

Ford chuckled then ruffled Mia's hair. "I love you."

I bit my lower lip at that. It's seems like it's just easy for him to say those three words towards her. I wonder, how many times did he tell her his 'I love you'?

"I love you, too, baby boy," ginulo rin ni Mia ang buhok ni Ford.

They're so comfortable to tell each other their 'I love you's'.

How I wish it's that easy to say those three words to the one you really wanted to give it to, because in my case, it is hard. Now. And I am afraid to confront myself regarding this thing.

"Baby boy? I'm not a baby anymore, stop calling me baby boy, Mia," Ford pursed his lips and crossed his arms over his chest.

Napangiti ako. He looks like that charming boy whom I first met, the boy who caught my attention with his very kind and bright smile.

"Aw, but I really love calling you that way."

"I don't."