Chapter 59

Haven't edited this thoroughly, yet. Please bear with the grammatical errors as well as the typos. Happy reading!

-

Chapter 59: Debut

My heart throbbed fast in my ribcage as I fixated my eyes at the man in front of me. I couldn't blink, afraid that once I did, he'll vanish out of my sight. We stared at each other's eyes silenly. None of us spoke, but it felt as if our souls were silently talking to each other with both longing and hunger with each other's presence. It felt everything. Contentment enveloped me.

Slowly, I brought my hand to his face. As it touched his cheek, my mouth opened a bit. My breathing fastened. I couldn't believe it. In front of me isn't just an illusion. It was real. He's real.

Halo-halong emosyon ang naramdaman ko, ngunit nangibabaw ang pangungulila ko sa kanya. Nag-init ang gilid ng aking mga mata. Pakiramdam ko'y may kung anong nakabara sa aking lalamunan. Hindi ko magawang makapagsalita.

His presence surprised me so much that I didn't know what to do.

"How have you been, my love?"

My lips trembled. One by one, tears rolled down my cheeks. I bit my lower lip to hold back the intense emotion that I am feeling on the inside, but it came like an uproar up to my throat. I couldn't help the suppressed sobs that came out of it.

"I missed you so much..." sambit ko sa nanghihinang boses.

The muscles in his jaw twitched. He bowed his head and his forehead fell on mine. Napapikit ako nang magtama ang tungko ng aming ilong. I felt his hot breath across my face. I sobbed and held his hand tightly.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for pushing you away..."

Mas lalo akong napahagulgol sa sinabi niyang iyon, hindi dahil sa nalulungkot ako sa ginawa niyang pagtaboy sa akin, but because I am happy for trusting him. I was right when I thought it wasn't his intention to push me away.

I opened my eyes then shook my head.

"I knew you had your reasons. I didn't resent you for it."

He flashed a small smile. Pagkuwa'y ipinulupot niya ang kanyang braso sa aking bewang. Maingat niya akong hinila palapit sa kanya at niyakap. I hugged him back and buried my face on his neck.

"At that time, I didn't have any choice. My father ordered one of his people to point a gun at you and shot you with its bullet if I didn't push you away. I've never been afraid of anything. Truth is, my death doesn't terrify me even a bit. However, you, Cryzlhn, is my biggest weakness. I've never been afraid of anything, but losing you who is the most special woman in my life. I cannot afford to lose you. It's the kind of death that frightens me a lot," his voice broke.

"You won't lose me. Not anymore. I promise to be there with you even in our next life."

We were filled with silence for a moment, but the warmth of our embrace was enough to satisy us. I can only hear our deep and heavy sighs, but it's fine. As long as I am with him, I am contented. I cannot wish for more, but for the time to go slowly, so maybe, we can spend more time with each other.

Ang katahimikang nangingibabaw sa pagitan namin ay naputol nang tumunog ang aking phone. Naghiwalay kami ni Wayne sa pagkakayakap. Kinuha ko ang phone ko sa aking bulsa. I turned it on and saw that Vance is calling me.