Chapter 3

Jo POV
I went to bed that night but couldn't sleep for some reason. I was laying in the top bunk of my tour bus-style olive green bedroom in an old Fall Out Boy tshirt and blue flannel night shorts with hopping sheep on them. I stared at my wooden ceiling and wondered if i had done my best for Kaz.
We were twin sisters but i was born first and a genetic mutation meant that Kaz wasn't born until two years later and she looked completely different than me. She was small and blonde, about 5'0", and had black framed glasses and blue eyes with fair, pink-toned skin and short hair but i was 5'6" with no glasses and green eyes and brown-toned skin with long brown hair and side bangs.
I was her sister, through thick and thin. Our mother died when Kaz was born but I remembered her, she was a kind and loving woman and always wanted the best for me. Because our mother died, no one could protect Kaz from our abusive father. We ran away and since then I've done everything I can to give her the life she deserves. It's hard having no parents...
But i kept looking at the ceiling. I had the feeling that he was still out there, angry at us for abandoning him. I felt like he was seeking revenge. But i had always lived with that feeling, i had to shake it off.
I rolled over and tried to sleep. I had work tomorrow, i needed rest.

Kaz POV
I was sitting on my full size bed with white fairy lights and pictures on the wall. I was in a white tank top for the totally not-mainstream-like-one-direction band My Chemical Romance and black leggings to sleep in because i was a dancer, i danced ballet very well. Jo said I was talented.
I waited until Jo fell asleep and i hid under my thin, airy, and comfortable covers with a flashlight and i pulled out my secret diary to write in.

Dear diary,

Today is a great day! I bought a new one direction poster and Jo still doesn't know my secret obsession...Louis Tomlinson! I love him and I love everything he does. I mean, Harry's al-right (Lol!)...but Louis? Wow! He's so hot!
More later, I am too excited to sleep but I'll have to. There is a One Direction concert tomorrow that I'm going to in secret! Jo thinks it's a dance recital (lol shes so gullible!), but I'll really be meeting my one true love...well, hopefully. I have a good feeling about this.

With love,
Kaz

I turned out the lights and went to sleep very excited.