III. creature sadici , dolore duraturo

Sadistic Creatures, Enduring Pain

Government, Trig. and Spanish all went by easily. I didn't really pay any attention in either, for there was a very strange feeling pulsing inside of me. It was the same feeling I had every time when I would meet up with the twins. It was as if I had a sixth sense, but only for the super-natural.

I knew that was almost impossible though. It was very unlikely for any vampire to go to a school full of humans. The thought of it made a shiver go down my spine.

"Hey, Bella!" I heard someone call out my name from behind me. I sighed as I turned to see Mike speed walking towards me.

"Oh, hey," I replied, smiling slightly.

"How were your classes?" He asked, rambunctiously.

"Pretty good," I said. "And how were your's?" I asked trying to keep the conversation going.

"The usual," He shrugged. "Boring." He seemed to be very easy going, and extremely clingy. It seemed that he wanted to show me off to all of his fellow classmates. Like I was a shiny trophy. I didn't like the idea of that.

"Yeah, my classes were pretty boring as well." I agreed with the nod of my head.

"Don't you have English with Mr. Mason?" He asked.

"Yeah, first period. What about him?"

"Well, he's a hard teacher. I asked him to give me a little break because we were supposed to be reading The Iliad and I was having trouble understanding it. He told me that if I wanted a break, then I would want an F."

"You just started reading The Iliad?" I asked, confused.

"No, it was a while ago. Have you read it already?" He asked me.

"Yeah, when I was fourteen."

"Oh, well then you must know how much of a pain it is to read." He said, a smirk playing across his lips.

"Not really," I shrugged, "I thought it was pretty good."

"Oh," was Mike's only reply. It seemed he wasn't a very academically inclined. He wasn't very enthusiastic for a little bit.

I walked into the lunchroom and immediately felt eyes on me. I shifted awkwardly, waiting for Mike to show me where to sit.

"This way," he whispered in my ear.

I grew uncomfortable when he placed his hand on the small of my back. He led me through the crowds of people. The students were staring at me as if I was a fresh piece of meat.

"We sit there," Mike pointed out a table that was almost full. There were only two seats left. I was relieved to see Mike sit on the other side of the table while I was sitting next to the girl I knew by the name of Jessica Stanley.

"So, how do you like Forks?" She asked, her voice high pitched and spunky.

"It's alright." I shrugged.

She nudged me with her elbow. "That wasn't very convincing."

She laughed and told me she was only kidding. She had such a contagious laugh, I couldn't help but laugh with her.

I was sitting in my seat, listening to the small talk that was going on between Mike and Jessica. I felt bad for her because I saw the way she merely threw herself at Mike and he just acted as if they were good friends.

Jessica turned back towards me with a huff. I looked at her, cocking an eyebrow.

"What?" She asked me.