Kanato's Birthday

"Mrs. Teddy, it's Kanato's and Mr. Teddy's birthday today! What are we gonna do for him I wonder...", I walk around aimlessly through the halls with my eyes closed.

I understand that I can see now but I truly don't care all I need is my ears and my sense of smell. I find my way walking towards Shuu and Reiji bickering about Sue's feet on the new sofa.

They stop once they realize that I was on my knees with head bowed deeply.

"Yui??", Shuu says sitting up, a bit frantic.

"What is it, Yui?", Reiji fixes his glasses on his nose whilst looking equally worried with the situation.

"Daddy Kana's birthday is today I would like to request doing something for him, please..?"

Reiji sighs in relief and Shuu lays back down relaxed.

'What were they expecting me to be pregnant- Wait...', I think but am suddenly pushed out of my thoughts.

"We don't celebrate birthdays in this household since no one ages, dear", Reiji walks over to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Why?"

"It just doesn't make sense is all."

"But why?"

By now Reiji is getting angry at me and fixes his glasses onto his nose, sophisticated like.

"Yui. If you want to do something for Kanato's birthday go right ahead just clean up afterwards", Reiji states leaving the room before I get a chance to say something stupid again.

I walk towards Sue and sit on his stomach looking down at him, with Mrs. Teddy in hand.

"Can you help me, please? I want to make Daddy Kana happy."

"What is it that you want to do?" Shuu says sitting up with me skidding down onto his legs.

I grin happily and whisper into Shuu's ear.

"Fine but after this I'm sleeping in your room."

"Deal!"

~ Time Skip/ 3rd P.O.V. ~

Kanato walks with his teddy grasped to his chest.

"Yui?" Kanato questions. "It's time to play!", I shout. "This is really weird she's usually the one looking for me. Maybe she's getting too old for play time."

Just then Kanato pauses after hearing a beautiful song being sung. His song. He walks towards the sound, like a sailor to a siren. He reaches the room noticing that it's where they kept all their instruments and books to study. He gently pushed through the door, suddenly being flooded with the sound of a voice and a piano fills the halls.

"-you going to Scarborough fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there
He once was a true love of mine

Tell him to make me a cambric shirt
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Without no seam nor needlework
Then he'll be a true love of mine

Tell him to find me an acre of land
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Between the salt water and the sea strand
Then he'll be a true love of mine

Are you going to Scarborough fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there
He once was a true love of mine~"

Even with the altered lyrics the song still came out in a beautiful melody easily recognizing the owner of the voice.

"Yui- Your singing is amazing-", he was cut off from his sentence when a hold was placed around him and a cheery voice broke the trance of the song.

"Happy birthday, Daddy Kana-chan! Shu and I worked really hard to make sure the song came out perfectly...! Did you like it??" Yui nearly shouted out with a blush over her cheeks.

With an awed expression and tears coming out of his eyes, he hugged the fair-skinned girl infront of him tightly.

He was about to express his gratitude when a gasping thought entered his mind. 'I could only wish you could stay this innocent forever, but soon enough this you will be gone as fast as it came. When that woman comes back.' He tightened his grip on the girl causing her to worry about her friend. 'I pray that it doesn't come to that.'