Prolouge

Rosefeather curled delightfully around three small bodies.

"The grey and tan one is only slightly smaller than the rest" Brookrush said. "I'll let Scaleclaw in."

Brookrush padded out of the nursery. A white tom with grey splotches and blue eyes came into the den. He wore a nervous expression.

"If it's alright with you, I've already chosen names for the brown tom and the orange she-kit." She pointed the brown tom. "His name is Brownkit." She pointed to the orange she-kit. "I named her Skykit."

Rosefeather glanced up at Scaleclaw with a wide smile. "What shall the last she-kit be named?"

"How about Lightkit?"He said with a sad smile.

Rosefeather nodded, but looked at him curiously. "What's wrong?

Scaleclaw rubbed the ground with his forepaw. "You remember that kittypet from one moon ago?"

"Yes, Fiona, what about her?" Rosefeather's gaze darkened.

"Well...Um...We've been meeting, and...um...she expecting kits." Scaleclaw looked up at her. "She left her twolegs and I've been helping her survive. I haven't taught her enough that she can survive on her own, especially with kits to care for."

Rosefeather hissed. "Get out of my territory!" Her anger issue quickly came out.

Brookrush came in. "What's wrong?"

Rosefeather hissed. "He betrayed us! Kill him! Exile him! Just get him out of my territory!"

Brookrush looked horrified. She gently started pushing Scaleclaw out.

"I'm leaving anyway." He said quietly.

Rosefeather stared down at Lightkit. They looked so similar. Lightkit was like a smaller and slightly different colored version of Scaleclaw, but they both had the same small body.

Rosefeather pushed away the kit that was named by the traitor. She curled her whole body around the other two kits.

Well I don't want to cause the death of a kit. I myself might be exiled.

Rosefeather grumpily curled her fluffy tail around Lightkit.

Brookrush walked in and frowned at Lightkit. "She still needs to be fed, just not as much."

Rosefeather pushed Lightkit to her stomach, where the other kits were drinking milk. She smiled as Skykit pushed Lightkit away from her spot.

"It's good that they understand."