#2 Hello California!

Yesss!

I was in California.

I begged my parents to let me go to the public school even though the really wanted to send me to a private one. I finally convinced then when I reasoned that I needed to join a similar curriculum to my old school.

I was at the hotel right now- lost in my own thoughts and my parents were calling in the interior designer to talk about my room preferences.

Just then the door opened and then entered a lady in her early 30s.

"Hello, I'm Grace. I'm your room decorator." I nodded my head signalling that I heard her.

"Okay.. I need you to tell me the colors you'd like me to work with."

"Black." I responded immediately. "I want black to be the main color but you could add a little red and white too." I decided.

"Okay." She smiled. I could tell she was shaken by my fierce look and minimal communication. "Would you like me to make it cosy or roomy?"

"Roomy." I stated.

She took a couple notes on her notepad and left the room after mumbling that the work would be done in a weeks time.

With a whole day to kill I decided to walk around Cali in search of a reasonable gym. Hey, I had anger issues and finding a place to let go of all my anger was a crucial step taken forward to settling in. I quickly changed into my loose capris and my dad's old T-shirt that fell off my shoulder and walked the streets of my new residential city.

The tiny blackberry- my excuse for a phone was clutched in my hand and I walked along the sidewalk sometimes glancing at the device using the aid of Google Maps.

Since I didn't really know the city yet, I stuck to the sidewalk taking only rights and soon found myself at the surprisingly empty beach.

It was a wonderful place and I knew the minute I saw it that I'd come here frequently enough. Spotting a football on the shore I made my way across the sand leaving my shoes on the sidewalk. The sand felt amazing against my toes.

I juggled the football and tried some of my old tricks. It felt amazing to just do something you love and not have anyone judge you.

"Nice tricks you've got there." Someone- a guy judging from his voice said to me. I turned around and found myself face to face with a blonde brown eyed boy who reminded me way to much of Ashton. I cringed back at the creepy resemblance.

"Uh.. Thanks I guess." I incoherently mumbled.

"I'm Julian. What's your name?" He questioned politely.

"I'm Delphinium, you can just call me Del." I said smiling slightly.

"Hey Del, you're new to Cali eh?"

"Was it that obvious?" I chuckled.

"Actually yes. This is a private beach- noone really comes here."

"Oh crap. I'll just leave."

"No its okay really. Do you want me to show you around the city sometime?"

"Nah, I'm good. Do you know any gym nearby though?"

He gave me the address of a not-so-popular but good gym and I thanked him before leaving making a silent note to visit it as soon as possible.

As I was trudging through the sand back to the sidewalk, I heard him call out "Do I get your number hotstuff?".
Not bothering to turn back I vigorously shook my head and left.