perfection (your pov)

"YES!" Ella exclaims. " It has finally been done."

She has the zombie disease. Over three years she has been trying, and it's finally here. She turns to me, her eyes filled with so much pride I think they might fall out. In her hands she holds the smallest little cage, inside an infected hamster. It takes one look at me and immediately tries to reach me. This is what accomplishment is. Life or death, and that in between. As soon as she places down that cage, I give Ella the biggest hug ever, and for once she does not protest.

" Now all that's left is the cure.", she whispers. " It won't be to hard, just a matter of reversal." she tears up, and I can tell she means it. I look behind her, through the window, and swear I could have seen someone watching. Maybe just my imagination, I think. I still close the blinds, just in case. This is great.

Later that night, I have trouble sleeping. I don't know what it is, but with a zombie hamster in the house I don't really feel comfortable. I do manage to get over it, and otherwise have a good night's sleep. I wake up to the sound of a shriek from downstairs and go to investigate.

Ella is sprawled on the floor, sobbing. I'm confused at first, but then it hits me like a train. Ella's formula is gone.

Author's note:

Omagoodness cliffhanger. I mean it's like not too significant, considering that I am uploading another part tonight most likely, but y'know. I'm also working on a new story called cloth hearts, so expect some of that this week. That's all for now, Luv ya! Byeeeeee

- Gelato