Gone (your pov)

She lay on the floor, sobbing. Her body was going through the occasional shudder and shake, and she was letting out a wail every few minutes. I think she was having a panic attack. Ella, the one who I always thought unbreakable.
Finally, one she was all out of tears, she looked at me and said, " I will be in my room." She sniffled a bit and sauntered up the stairs. I understood now why she was crying. She didn't care about the formula itself, but whoever has it now. Anyone willing to steal it must want it for something, and I am afraid we both know what that something is. I go for a walk.
As I am making my way down the street, I feel a presence with me. I'm not talking ghosts, but an actual human, someone just out of my sight. A strange feeling it is, being watched. I just shrugged and walked away.
I was on my way to the drug store now, to pick up some ice cream and chocolate for Ella. In a time like this, she probably needed it. I went to buy another hamster, too.
On my way there, I almost ran into a man running. He seemed a little off, like he wasn't trying to exercise. Like something was chasing him. I never knew this neighborhood was so weird. I keep walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I return, I knock on Ella's door. It flies open, and she pulls me inside. I don't know what's happening, until I see papers strewn everywhere across the floor. Drawers are pulled out, and the room is a mess. Her notes. She was looking for her notes.