2

*present day*

"Rise and shine ella babes! Its your 16th birthday! we are throwing you a party tonight!" Vic yelled as she jumped on my bed waking me up.

"You do know you're supposed to make someone feel happy on their birthday right?"  I said just before hiding my head under my blankets, shielding my eyes from the sun coming in through the window.
"Eleanor Rose Peirce, it is your 16th birthday, you need to get exited! We have talked about turning 16 since we were kids, and plus, you threw me a party on my 16th, I'm throwing you one now."
She said loudly, she got of my bed and threw my blanket off of me.
"Ahhh the light burns!" I yelled dramatically.
"Get up! You need to get prettyed up for school" she said walking over to my closet and picking out my outfit.

We do this every year on our birthdays, we have since we were 7.
On each others birthday one of us picks out the birthday girls outfit, its a sacred tradition.
"Hey did I tell you ashton is back in town?" She asked while pulling a dark gray muscle t shirt and light wash denim shorts.
At the mention of his name I sat straight up. "Wait what?" I asked nervously.
"Yeah he moved back, said his dads wanted him to spend time with this side of the family, he's actually staying with us while he looks for a place" she said in a strange tone,and  clearly not noticing my awestruck look.
"Vic, why did your voice get weird like that?" I asked seriously. She turned from the closet, and laid the clothes on my bed and looked up at me apologetically and said, "I may have said he could come to your party tonight " she smiled sweetly and went back into the closet looking for something.
"Victoria Irwin. Did you really invite my old babysitter to my party? You know I've heard about why he was sent to live with his dads? He's the last person I want at my party." I said frustrated.
"I know, listen can we talk about this later? You need to get dressed or we won't have time for birthday dounuts, and I've already bought candles." She said pleadingly. I laughed and got up to get dressed, but gave her a quick hug before getting dressed in the gray muscle tee and high wasted denim shorts, and red doc martins.
I grabbed my bag and we headed down stairs to say goodbye to my mom before we left.

"Bye mama! I'll see you tomorrow for our family party"
"Happy birthday Elenore!" I heard her say before walking outside to Vic's car.
"Are these the candles you bought me?" I said laughing at the dinosour birthday candles.
"Well I had to pick ones that you'd love!" She said smiling.
We pulled up to the dounut shop we've been going to for the last 8 years on our birthdays. Another tradition we have, birthdays are very important.
We always go for birthday dounuts and we always pick out each others candles, as well as a pick out outfits.

she ordered our dounts and met me on the patio with 2 chocolate,  2 glazed, 1 chocolate milk and one strawberry milk. She put my dinosaur candles into the dounts and lit them.
"Okay birthday girl. Make a wish " she said as she took a picture.
I smiled and closed my eyes, and wished that ashton wouldn't remember my stupid little crush, and fear of him, tonight.