Chapter 14

Damon’s POV:

It felt so good to have Elena in my arms. For so long I have dreamed of this moment and it’s finally happening.

But unfortunately, reality set in and Elena told me that she wanted to look for Stefan. I know that she told me that she’s in love with me, but why does she want to find Stefan? Does she still have feelings for him? When I asked her if she still loved Stefan she avoided the question at first and then told me that she loved him like a brother, but I wasn't convinced.

One of the most important people that I never thought that I would see again was my baby sis, Nicole. It had been 145 years since I had last seen her and when she came back, it felt like I was seeing a ghost. If Stefan was here he would have been happy that Nicole was alive especially since they shared that sibling bond.

Finally everything was getting better and I had the women that I love in my arms and my sister was alive. If only Stefan were here, he would have been so happy, but he still didn't deserve Elena. We met first and I regret compelling her to forget that we met first. Everyone chose Stefan; Father chose Stefan; Katherine and Elena all chose him. But that didn't matter now because Elena was in love with me and was mine. Someone had finally chosen me even if it had taken so long.

Elena had left a couple of hours ago to check up on Jenna and Jeremy Gilbert but she promised that she would come back. I was sitting in the living room with a glass of Bourbon in my hand, just watching the roaring fire, when the memory of when I first met Elena started to play in the back of my mind.

Flashback:

I laid in the middle of the road and stared up at the sky. I could hear music playing at a party over by the Falls. Eventually I would go over to the party, find a stupid, drunk human and suck them dry.

My hearing tuned into a girl talking on the phone.

I heard the girl sigh."I know Bonnie; you’re right. You and my mom both are. I just can’t bring myself to tell him. At least, not tonight. I’ll call you later.” She clicked off her phone.

Perfect. I sped over to where she was, thinking that I wouldn’t have to go all the way to the party to find someone, but did not expect what I was seeing at all.

"Katherine."  I breathed, suddenly feeling joy at the sight of her back. Back in 1864, I made a deal with a witch- Emily Bennett - when I found out the town was planning on rounding up all the vampires in a church and setting it on fire. Emily would save Katherine from her death and I would make sure her family is safe as long as the Bennett line exists without being harmed. Emily made sure Katherine wouldn't be in the church when they set it on fire, but underneath it. I had been planning to go down to the tomb underneath the church ruins to rescue her, but it looks like she found a way to free herself.

She looked at me with a confused look. This didn't make any sense, it was Katherine. She was right in front of me she looked exactly liked her, but for some reason her aura was different.

"Um, no I-" She looked behind her to see if I was talking to anyone else, but I wasn't. I was talking to Katherine after all those years of looking for her. What she said next, confused me. "I'm Elena." She said when she turned back to me.

This didn't make any sense. It was Katherine. She was right in front of me; she was Katherine! "Oh, you just..you look-"  I let out a sign, trying not to show that I was disappointed. That's when I heard the girl’s heart pumping. She was human. Katherine is a vampire, though.

The girl was in front of me wasn't Katherine.

"I'm sorry." I spoke as I began to regain my composure. "You just really remind me of someone." I looked at her studying her features clearly. "I'm Damon."