Chapter 3

Stefan’s POV:

{Before He Goes To The Boarding House}

I was walking in the woods after I finished feeding. I was so confused for what I felt for Katherine. That kiss made my feelings for Katherine grow for some reason and even though I was convincing myself that I despised her.

I wasn’t trying to avoid Elena, as much as I can. The guilt was eating me alive. I kissed Katherine. I mean how can I kiss the girl that ruined mine and Damon's lives?

Elena was getting suspicious every day. I was trying so hard to avoid her. I couldn't be with her especially after I kissed her doppelganger, and now I have grown feelings for Katherine.

Even though it pained me to be so far from her I miss her big brown eyes that were full of love and innocence. Every time I look at her, it made me fall for her even more; her long brown curls that would bounce every time she walked. Damn it! I thought to myself. I started to think of Katherine again I heard a twig snap from behind me. I snapped out of my trance and immediately turned around to see who it was; thankfully it was a deer. I ran a shaky hand through my hair and blurred to the boarding house.

I opened the door and walked into the living room. What I saw made my blood go cold; my undead heart break and my body tense. I felt anger range out through me. I felt betrayed in every single way.

The girl that I love was on the couch with her shirt off and my brother on top of her- kissing like there was no tomorrow.

"Elena."

She froze and Damon did as well. He turned to me and you could see a small smirk rising on his lips. Elena moved her head so she was in sight and she had guilt written all over her face and her eyes were full of sorrow.

Everything that happened next was a blur. I had pinned Damon to the wall in seconds and started throwing punches at him, but being stronger because of his human diet, had turned us around as he started to punch me. We wrestled while Elena screamed and cried in the background. But I did not care.

Elena was mine. We met first and Damon had come back to Mystic Falls to open the tomb so he can get Katherine out. Since she wasn't there he should have been long gone by now, but he had to stay because of Elena and he made the excuse of ‘keeping an eye out for my baby bro and looking after the town’ but we all knew the real reason why. He’s here to give me ‘An eternity of misery’, which he is doing a good job at.

Damon's fist sent me flying into the bookshelf as I felt my head crack open and blood started to pour out, but it healed immediately thanks to my supernatural healing ability. I stood up as fast as I could but Damon was faster and had me pinned to the wall.

"So tough, Stefan." Damon said his voice dripping with sarcasm as his hold on my neck tightened.

"How could you kiss her?" I asked.

"Well she basically come onto me first, so yeah, I did." Damon told me I felt anger rise in me. "Don't lie to me Damon.” I told him. “ We all know that you’re in love with my girlfriend and yet I turn my head for a couple of hours and you can’t help yourself. You had to ruin things between me and her knowing that I was going to be coming home soon.”

Damon smirked at me."Your right, Stefan. Even though I did kiss her first, she kissed me back and you know why? She said she had grown feelings for me and that she wanted to know what those feelings meant. So why don't you ask your girlfriend."

I felt so much hatred and anger build in me. A menacing growl escaped my lips as I flipped Damon over and plunged my hand into his chest feeling his undead heart in my hands as he looked at me wide eyed. I had my hand in his chest.

Everything that had happened over the years came back to me. How he tortured me; mimicked me; killed my best friend and all those other people and made my life a living hell. I gave his heart a squeeze as a growl escaped from me."You deserve this." I say, my voice full of hatred. "I have had you in this position many times Stefan, yet I never actually killed you. I have had the chance of ripping your heart out so many times but I never did. So go ahead Stefan. Kill me. Come on, kill me now!"

I had not noticed that Elena was beside me until she put her hand on my arm and looked at me with pleading eyes. "Please Stefan," she begged. "Is it true?" I asked, my eyes cold and hard even though I wanted to hold her and kiss her. But I couldn’t. Not after what happened.

"Please Stefan. I will explain everything. We will explain it." I looked at her then back at my brother, who looked at me with pleading eyes. I nodded and pulled my hand out of his chest. He fell to the floor gasping and coughing. Elena was next to him rubbing his back to comfort him, which made me jealous.

I walked away and wiped my hand. I poured myself a large glass of Bourbon and downed it quickly. "Is it true, Elena?" She looked at me for a couple of seconds as she nodded her head. A few tears fell from her tanned face but I could not believe what she was saying. Not noticing that I had crushed the glass I had been drinking from until I smelt blood. I looked down at my bloody hand and wiped the blood off on my jeans. "I want the truth Elena. Is what Damon said, the truth? Do you feel something for him?" I questioned her as I stood up and said in a firm, angry voice.

"When you kept avoiding me, Damon was always there helping me and when I needed him he was there for me, Stefan. When you left with Klaus he was there for me every day. I'm not going to lie to you cause I want you to know the truth. Every word that Damon said is true Stefan." She confessed sadly.

I picked up the bottle of Bourbon and threw it across the room as it shattered in million of pieces just like my heart.

"What exactly are you saying Elena?" I said, my voice cracking as tears started to well up in my green eyes threatening to spill any minute.

What came out of her mouth broke my undead heart. It killed me in so many ways; stabbed my heart like knives in my chest.

"I'm in love with Damon." Her voice was barely a whisper, but thanks to my vampire hearing, I heard it like crystals.