Chapter 10

Adrian's P.O.V

"Adrian, wake up! We have to go school!" I try my best to tune out Kaila but fail when she drags me off the bed. "Ow-" Wait, my ankle doesn't hurt! "My ankle is better! Yay!" I hug her tightly and give her a big kiss on the cheek. I run into the bathroom and decide to hop on one foot. I brush my teeth and wash, hopping on one foot. It feels good to have both legs, again.

"Hurry up! You're not the only person in the house!" I look in the mirror and smile happy that I have my ankle back. "All yours." I walk back to my room and look in the bag for some school clothes. I throw on black jeans, a white polo shirt, and black and white polo shoes. "Damn, who are you trying to impress?" I roll my eyes and grab my book bag as we walk towards the front door.

"Today is going to be a good day." A smile stays on my lips the whole way to the dark bus stop.

----------------------------

I open the front door waiting for my cousin Abdria to walk inside. "Hi, Andria! You still need a place to stay right?" She gives me a warm hug and pulls back saying, "You damn right. So f.ng tired of that sorry ass b!+ch I live with. Ugh! just thinking 'bout the b!+ch makes me feel dirty." She has a sailor's mouth and is proud of it. "Well, uh... I have a friend and they're willing to buy a house and furnish it." She nods her head agreeing with what I'm saying. "Who, when, where, why, and damn it how?"

I smile and reply, "Joey, this weekend, I don't know, I'm homeless-" She puts her hand up silencing me. "What the hell you mean you homeless?" Here we go again. "My parents kicked me out because of who I'm dating i.e. Joey." She puts her head in her hands saying, "As long as you're happy." I nod and continue, "So will you do it?"

She bulges her eyes out saying, "Hell yea!" I hug her tightly and proceed to call Joey. "Yea, I just talked to Andria."

"So what 'd she say?"

"She said yes!" I scream into the phone happy. "Great we can go pick out the house this weekend." I squeal and quickly say, "Bye. Love you." I hang up, and turn to Kaila. "Going to miss you, buddy." She rolls her eyes smiling. "Hush, you acting like you're leaving the country." I smile and walk to get my bag ready for this weekend.

--------------------------

-Saturday-

Finally! This weekend couldn't have gotten here any faster. Joey's coming to get Kaila, Andria, and me so we can pick the house. "I'm so excited!" Kailla squeals. "I know Kaila, I know." I pat her back, but push her away when I hear Joey's truck pull up. "I've missed you." I quickly kiss him and get into the back so Andria can have the front.

The whole time Andria asks Joey questions. And we all thought Kaila was bad. "So where's the money coming from?" Andria asks. "My father owns his own lumber company, so the money's coming from there." Joey says with confidence evident in his voice. I lay my head against the arm rest and jump up when we stop. I don't get very far considering I have on a seatbelt.

"Isn't that your house down there, Joey?"

"Yea, I was expecting for you to live down the street from me." I hug him and grab his hand as we walk into the tall house. When you walk in there's a small lobby type area with the stairs dead ahead. On the left the kitchen meets with a dining room. On the right, is the living room, and an extra room. I stray away and walk up the stairs to the third floor. The first bedroom I look into has it's own bathroom.

I don't even look at other rooms because this one is mine. "I call dibs." I scream at the top of my lungs. "Oh no you don't." Andria's voice echoes throughout the house. "Wait, yea it's yours. Furniture!" She screams. "Let's go." Joey says as we all head to his truck.

-----------------------------

-Two Weeks Later-

We've moved in, and Thanksgiving break is creeping up on us. Andria and I picked out the furniture and completely furnished every single room of the house. Well, she picked out the furniture while I was in a corner making out with Joey. Occasionally, we'd come back after we caught our breath. Here we are now enjoying the lavish life preparing for Black Friday.

This year at Tanger, whatever you grab is yours. Of course there's going to be fighting so we've been practicing our punches and grabs. Joey's supposed to be coming by later when Andria leaves to go to her friend's house. You know what that means! The doorbell chiming through the house means that he's here. I run down the stairs, down the hall, and to the front door.

"Come here, you." I pull him down by his collar and crash his lips down to mine.