Chapter 1

Sorry if it seems rushed. I just wanted to put my ideas on something. I'll edit eventually... whenever. PLEASE give me feedback. I need it to make the story better. Picture on the side is of Alex.

Adrian's P.O.V

My life is one of complication. I'm popular, but there's one thing I'm lacking. That one things, is something that can only be fulfilled by one person. I need love from the one person that can make me feel all like melting in their arms. I long for love, and with the luck I've had, it's probably not gonna happen to me anytime soon.

My train of thought is broken when my phone vibrates loudly in my pocket. "Hello?"

"Yea, Adrian what you doing tonight?" The person I'm talking to is my obnoxious self-centered cousin Troy. He made it pretty obvious a long time ago that he hated me.

"Why do you want to know?"

He grunts in annoyance and it sounds like he attempts to calm himself down. "Because Ashley wants you to come to the game with us." Ashley is Troy's girlfriend. She always puts a smile on my face no matter what mood I'm in. Seeing her could possibly lighten my mood. "Ok, I'll go. What time do I need to be ready?"

"Be ready by 5:45." I hang up my phone and think about what to wear. In my family, how you dress is important. Every weekend we're at the mall buying something, anything. I walk into my closet and pull out a brand new shoe box.

I open it and stare at the contents inside; a fresh pair of Timberland boots staring at me. I look inside my closet for a white long sleeve sweater, and dark navy blue jeans. Satisfied, I get in the shower and stay inside for what felt like forever. I get out and glance at the clock. I get dressed and grab a jacket.

I open my closet to look at my reflection in the full length mirror. I shrug my shoulders at my appearance, and brush my hair. I hear the car horn and run to the car because it’s freezing. I shudder when my body tries to get used to the different temperatures. I wrap my jacket around me, and zip it up. "Hi, Adrian," Ashley’s voice yells from the front seat.

"Hi, Ashley," I mimic her voice with more excitement to mask my true feelings. We end up laughing at our conversation, and earning annoyed looks from Troy. The car ride is silent except for the music blasting from the radio. Troy nods his head in rhythm to the one and only Waka Flocka.

We finally make it to the parking lot, and we're the only others there except for the football team and other eager fans. We go to the stands and watch Fort Beaufort's football team practice. After fifteen minutes of what looked like intense drills, the team walks off the field. I get thirsty and make my way toward the water fountain. While walking, the football team walks past me and a tall, built, HOT football player looks at me and smiles.

I rush to the fountain and when I get there, I forget my reason for coming. A million thoughts are flying through my head. He's in high school, he's not interested. Or is he? He's probably STRAIGHT crushes all previous hope. Why would he want me? Inside I was dying, hoping he did. As I'm walking back to my seat, they walk past me. What crime is equal to this punishment?! He flashes me a smile showing off his beautiful shiny teeth.

I weakly smile back and attempt to rush to my seat. I forget the whole team isn't done passing yet and start walking. I walk and it feels like I hit a brick wall. I stumble back, trip over my own feet, and fall flat on my butt. "Watch where you're going!" I give the brick wall a mean look and the guy from earlier comes to help me up. "Stop being an a$$ all the time Seth." He comes to me and reaches out his hand. I take it and he pulls me up without a struggle. I'm 5'9 so in eighth grade I'm tall. He looks about 6'2. I lean my head up a little to get a better view.