8. Yellow Boxers

Harry

I stood there, stunned. I reached up and touched the spot where her lips had touched my cheek. I had long forgotten the feeling of her lips, they were still soft, like I remembered.

Like all those summers ago, when she would never allow me to kiss her on the lips. But, that day, the day before she left, the day before I ruined everything, I had stolen a kiss. Her first kiss.

That was the first and last time I had every kissed her. I vaguely remember what happened afterwards but I do remember what I felt when I had kissed her. It didn't feel like any other kiss I'd had before, it wasn't slobbery, her lips weren't chapped, they were soft and delicate. And I had felt something strange, a mix of feelings that churned my stomach into knots. Back then I had passed it off as a stomach flu I was probably coming down with. But, looking back, I know it wasn't a virus, it was a fondness of her, a growing fire that was beginning to form.

"Never go as far as saying love," My uncles had told me, "for you are a hormonal teenage boy and could never feel anything as strong as love." Even if there words spoke the truth, I know that what I had with Charlotte was pretty damn close.

But, what had just happened now, the kiss, it gave me hope. Hope that maybe what we had wasn't over, maybe I hadn't destroyed everything, maybe she still held some feelings for me that were as strong as mine are for her.

I walked back to the island and sat down. I looked to my right and realized that Charlotte hadn't eaten her French toast. Crap, I hope she isn't hungry.

Before I realize it I'm dialing her number, given to me by my mother.

"Hello?"

"Hey, um, you forgot to eat your French toast." As I stand here I realize how pathetic and stupid I sound, calling her to tell her she didn't eat her French toast. Idiot.

She laughs,

"I forgot to eat my French toast?"

She's mocking me, I can hear it in her tone of voice. "Well," I rub the back of my neck, "uh, yeah. You- you did."

She laughs once again at my expense. "What would you like me to do about that Harry?"

"I don't know..."

"Should I telepathically bring it here to eat?"

"No..." I shook my head sullenly

" Or should I teleport over there to it the upmost important French toast?"

"For god sakes Charlotte just come eat the damn French toast!"

She bursts out into a fit of giggles and even though I know it's at my expense I can't help but smile as I hear her.

"I can't, I'm here anyway I have to go. I'll see you later okay?"

I grumble something incoherent before I reply. "Okay."

I hang up and look at the cold French toast beside me.

"You're a fucker."

Did I just call that piece of toast a fucker? I'm gonna need some sleep before I turn into a lunatic. I decide to take a nap before the guys get here.

~

I woke up about an hour later to a continuous and obnoxious knocking at the door. I lifted the sheets in annoyance and walked to the door, tripping over my shoes on the way.

I opened the door and when I had seen who it was I slammed it back closed.

"Come on man, that's no way to treat guests!"