Chapter Three

Chihiro stood awkwardly in the doorway, tugging at the bottom of his blouse as his gaze traveled over the room of boys. He took a few cautious steps inside, wondering if he should take a seat on the floor, or squeeze in on the couch between his boyfriend and Leon. Surely Mondo had said something about them being an item, or being here was going to remain uncomfortable. The biker rolled his eyes towards the empty space on the couch, sitting upright to give his little mate enough room, as Leon was halfway sprawled over the arm of his side of the couch, his leg taking up some of the middle space. Tip toeing behind Hagakure and over Naegi's leg, Chihiro took his spot on the couch, bringing his legs up so his knees were pressed against his chest. He resisted the urge to lean over and prop his head against Mondo's shoulder, so he just lowered it bashfully. "You've been comin' around a lot lately," Leon grunted as he tapped a few buttons on his controller, absently throwing his foot down to give the programmer some room. He accidentally kicked Hagakure in the back, which only sealed his win in the game this round.

In a fit of childish rage, the shaman threw his controller down so that it bounced in front of Naegi who cautiously snatched it up with a sideways laugh. "I hate this game," the oldest in the bunch grunted before crossing his arms over his chest, looking back to their new companion. "Leon cheats..."

"I cheat? This is about the fifth time I beat you. You just suck, man," Leon smirked in return, sticking out his tongue. He narrowed his piercing blue eyes before turning his head towards Chihiro. "Kind of nice to see the ladies coming around." He smirked and Mondo's eyes lingered protectively over Chihiro, but he remained incredibly still, like it was painful for him to make any sort of physical contact. Or any sort of contact what so ever. "Wanna play?"

"No, thank you," the small boy murmured past his knees, forcing a little grin as he stared at the television. The characters flashed on the screen with quick moves, crazy flips, and powerful beams of energy. Despite all the time spent on the computer, he didn't really play games that often. Programmed plenty, but didn't play. Especially anything competitive. He politely waved towards Leon, who was attempting to thrust the game controller in his direction.

"Well, then I guess it's time for Naegi to lose again," Leon said with a cocky smirk and Naegi lowered his head in expected shame before sitting upright to get himself in gaming position. As the other three boys focused on the game, Chihiro focused on the unsteady beating of his heart. He wanted to glance over at his boyfriend, but was afraid that even quiet signals would be too obvious in front of the group. Surely Mondo said something. At least a brief mention to the guys that he took interest in someone. Because they couldn't go forever without being somewhat affectionate in front of everyone. But he continued to look forward at the television.

The characters bounced around in blazing excitement, flinging their colorful projectiles and shouting their quirky one liners. Chihiro peered down to the floor, narrowing his eyes on Naegi's button inputs, watching the way he eagerly tapped on all the buttons and fling around the joystick like he had no idea what he was doing. There was no rhythm, no pattern, just furious tapping and shaking of the controller. Suddenly, Chihiro felt something brush against his thigh and he glanced down, seeing Mondo's open hand resting against the couch. His hazel eyed gaze danced up the length of Mondo's arm until their eyes meet. The biker silently signaled for his boy's hand, and Chihiro bashfully slid his hand at his side, interlocking their fingers secretly between them.

Biting down on his lip, he rested his chin against his knee, knowing his cheeks were probably blazing at the moment, but in the dimly lit room with just the flashes of the television, it was easily hidden. He darted his attention in the opposite direction of Mondo to see if anyone had noticed their little hand hold, but it seemed that everyone was still very engaged in their video game. Chihiro noticed that Leon was a lot calmer while handing out embarrassing losses to his companions, his fingers a little more rhythmic and precise. There was a pattern behind the button mashing. The blonde felt Mondo squeeze his fingers slightly and he slowly drew his attention back over with a chipper smile, resting his cheek against his knee now to staring quite lovingly up at his companion.