5.

-- f l a s h b a c k --

"What do you mean you don't know??!" Erza said, very irritated.

"I've explained everything I know, and what type of brain trauma he is in is not one of them!" The doctor snapped back, also very irritated,

"What do you mean by 'brain trauma?'" Lucy questioned with a shaky voice.

The doctor sighed, collecting his thoughts. Trying to figure out the best way to phrase the unwanted truth.

"Right now, we have it narrowed down to 1 magic induced brain trauma condition." He paused briefly.

"Natsu is in a coma."

Everyone's heart dropped. No one said a word, but their big eyed expressions were enough to tell that they were shocked- and started thinking the worst.

"We've done a lacrimite x-Ray analysis and we've narrowed it down to 2 possible situations."

The doctor walked over to a model of the brain.

"One possibility is that the magic user froze his brain- literally. It uses very special type of ice magic. If that is the case, we can use one of our instruments to speed up the process of the ice melting from 50 years to 1 year, considering that he is a very 'hot headed' fire wizard." The doctor explained.

"Then, what's the second possibility?" Gray questioned with caution.

"The other possibility is the the magic user froze his brain with a lost art of time magic."

Everyone had their own reactions to this. Lucy shocked, Erza speculating, Gray maintaining his cool, Happy confused, and ______ wide eyed, trying to remember if the wizard who had attacked used time, or ice magic.

"If that is the case then that means his brain has paused. We would need to do multiple procedures that each have their own separate success rates. Overall it would take him 1 year to recover as well- not considering the possible side affects.."

The room was silent, but the emotions were high.

Then, the person no one expected to break first, did.