Part 3

"Two days?!?" I shouted.

"Yeah." Percy said.

"My mom? My mom's going to be freaking out."

"That's actually what Chiron wants to talk about."

"Okay, lets go." I said getting up.

"Hold on." Percy said grabbing my arm.

"What?"

"What did you dream about?" He asked.

"Why does it matter?" I asked pulling my arm from his hands.

"Because Demigod dreams always mean something. And I was watching you sleep, you didn't look very happy."

"It was nothing. Chiron wants to talk, so lets go talk." Percy let the subject drop, and I was glad because my dream was the worst.

I was in a dark room, and I couldn't see anything, at least until I saw my mom. She appeared before me but her face was frozen in a look of terror, and she was screaming. Her long brown hair that was usually in a ponytail but it was all messy and falling out. Behind me a deep voice laughed.

"You will come to me." He said. "Join me and save your mother."

"No!" I screamed. "I won't do anything for you." My moms neck snapped violently to one side and the light disappeared from her eyes. That's when I woke up.

Percy and I walked to the big house. I ran my hand through my hair fixing it the best I could. Chiron was waiting for us at the door, except he wasnt in a wheelchair. He was very tall and he was half horse. A centuar.

"Wow." I said stopping in my tracks.

"Come in. Percy wait here." Chiron said. I walked into to big house and sat on the couch.

"Whats going on?"

"We've been told that your mother has been murdered, its on the news saying that you pushed her off your fire escape."

"What?" I screamed at him. "No that was just a dream, she's not dead."

"Sammy, I need you to tell me exactly what happened in your dream." Chiron said looking me in the eyes. I looked down at my feet. She's not dead, she can't be. A few tears slipped down my face. Something told me it was true, my mom was really dead.

"Umm...." I started before more tears fell from my eyes. "It was dark, then my mom appeared in, like a spotlight. I heard a voice telling me to join him, but I told him I wouldn't." I sniffled pausing for a moment. "I told him I would never join him, then he snapped her neck." I sobbed into my hands. Chiron waved Percy in, he sat down on the couch next to me and put an arm around me muttering soothing words.

"It'll be okay." He said gently.

"How?" I snapped at him.

"Because you can avenge her." He said gently looking me in the eyes.

"How?" I said softly.

"Train, use your powers against whoever killed your mother." Percy said wiping the tears from my face. The room started to vibrate. "Sammy."

I looked at Percy, took a deep breathe, and concentrated. The vibrating stopped.

"Okay." I nodded. Percy walked me out of the Big house, and led me to a large pavilion, it had many tables inside with groups of campers eating at each one.

"Just follow my lead." Percy said. I wiped the rest of my tears out of my eyes. I knew my eyes were probably red, but not much I could do about that.

"I'm not hungry, can't we just go back to the cabin." I whined

"Sam, you haven't eaten in two days, at least eat a little bit of dinner." Percy argued.

"Fine." I grumbled. We got our food, and went over to this fire place thing. "What are we doing?" I whispered to Percy.

"We put a bit of our food into the fire as an offering to the gods." He explained. I put some of my chicken into the fire. The smoke wafted towards me, and it smelled like the ocean. Percy walked us over to an empty table.

"Where's Annabeth?" I asked Percy.

"She had to go back to school."

"Why is their an empty table over there?" I asked pointing towards it.

"Oh, we sit in groups of who our parents are, that's the Hades table, but Nico and Hazel aren't at this camp right now, their at Camp Jupiter."

"Camp Jupiter?"

"Its another camp for Demigods, just instead of Greek gods, its Roman gods."

"Aren't Roman gods, just Greek gods with different names."

"Some are, they have different personality's and some are purely Roman gods. Annabeth would be better at explaining all of this."

"I think your doing okay, better than my teachers anyway."

"Your teachers sucked?"

"Yeah."

"One of mine tried to kill me." Percy said.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, she was a monster." Percy said with a small laugh. I looked down at my plate and started picking at my food.  I took a couple bites of my chicken, it was really good but I had no appetite to eat.

"I think I'm going to go back to the cabin." I said getting up and getting rid off my plate. Percy nodded. I walked quietly to cabin three. I stared at it for a few minutes then took off towards the woods. I walked for awhile until a come up to a small creek. I sat on a rock near the edge of it and listened to the gentle sound of the flowing water. I sighed, and a few more tears slipped down my face.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and I shot around only to find a giant black dog staring back at me. Now when I saw giant, I mean it was 3 times the size of a normal really big dog, and it towered a couple feet over me. Which wasn't too hard for it considering I was only 5'4. We stared at each other sizing the other up. He growled, then pounced at me.

I somehow managed to dodge him by falling into the creek. I sat in the water breathing heavily as the dog stared at me confused. He approached me slowly. I scooted backwards going deeper into the water. Fear rose up in my chest once again, and the ground started to shake. I was in the water and it felt uncontrollable. I stared at the ground underneath the very large dog, and forced it to split open. The dog slashed at me, ripping open my leg as it fell into the earth.

I stared at the hole panting, my leg felt like it was on fire, and the cold water stung. I crawled out of the creek, and felt exhausted. I willed my self to stay awake.

"Percy!" I called hoping that maybe he tried following me into the woods. No reply. I waited there, my leg bleeding heavily, as the sky turned dark. I leaned myself up against a tree. I heard more noises, and prayed to whatever god would hear me, that I may survive the night.