Chapter 1

Percy Jackson POV

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the most anticipated show on the air! My name Is Ceaser Flickerman and this is ' The run up to the 100th Hunger games ! '" Ceaser Flickerman booms at my TV as he pulls out a box of Golden Envelopes to reveal what will happen in this years Quarter Quell. But I need not worry, the game makers never choose demigods as they fear angering the Gods. Unfortunately, the Gods have been silent recently, I guess I should be worried...

I remember Effie Trinkets speech from earlier about each Quarter Quell; " In the 25th Hunger Games, the citizens of the districts had to vote on who would compete in the Hunger Games as a way of reminding the rebels that they are responsible for the Hunger Games, and it is their fault that their children die in the games every year." That must have been such an upsetting year.....voting away friends and family...

Next come her explanation about the 50th Hunger games; " In the 50th Hunger Games, four tributes were chosen from each district instead of the usual two to remind the rebels that for each Capitol citizen killed, two rebels died" I know all about this one, Haymitch Aberanthy was the winner, I know this because he was the mentor to the mother of Katniss Everdeen in the 79th Hunger Games, a game everyone will remember as it was the shortest game ever...

Lastly the 75th Hunger games; "As a reminder to the citizens of the districts that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capitol, the reaping shall be done from the existing winners of each districts" And remarkably, Haymitch and a young woman named Leah won this as they allowed two victors that way to honour the fact that they had won.

So this year. What would it be? Would it be that the reaping would be chosen from names of people who have never had they're names put in? Or maybe it would be from a pool of under twelve year olds. We were all about to find out...

"So ladies and gentlemen! Welcome president Snow to the stage to read this years Quarter Quell special conditions!" The booming voice of Ceaser Flickerman echoes throughout the arena.

President snow coughs and then begins, "As a reminder to the world that not even with help of the godly among you can bring down the Capitol, the tributes for this years tributes will be reaped with one bowl for demigods and another bowl those of you regular human beings." The realisation of what President Snow has just said hits everyone in an eerie shockwave...he means to rise even against the gods? And to put the demigods and regular people in the arena together at one time? The regulars will be anhiliated! But Snow is about to continue..."Furthermore, demigods are required to protect they're district human counterparts, or will be killed instantly as a reminder you were born to protect and not to rebel. That is all" That sent the crowd into turmoil. This Quarter Quell is going to be harsh...

My name Is Perseus Jackson. I am the son of Poseidon (or Neptune if you want to go by my Roman side) and I am from district 12. After the destruction of camp half blood by the Capitol all the demigods were scattered around the districts.....and I am the only demigod in this district.

I am going into the games.

Katniss Everdeen POV

Like everyone else across the world I have just come to the realisation that it will be humans and demigods working together in this Quarter Quell. And the odds don't bode well for me. My name is in that sphere 74times. And there is just one persons name in the demigod sphere. Perseus Jackson. Or should I say. The one I have a crush on.

I'm almost hoping I am reaped.....

Almost.