Prologue

I was spinning as fast as I could with my arms flung out.  I looked up to the sky and loved watching the clouds spin and mush together.  I giggled at my own silliness and collapsed on the soft grass below.  The boy let out a sigh.  I propped myself up on my elbows and looked to him. 

“What’s wrong?”

He glared at me for a moment.  “What do you think is wrong?”

I thought for a moment but gave up quickly.  I shrugged my shoulders.

He shook his head.  “You wouldn’t understand.”

I took offense to that.  I could understand anything if someone took the time to explain it.  I crossed my arms across my chest and glared at him.  His face saddened at my look and he sank deeper into the grass. 

“Fine, Caleb.  Don’t tell me.”  I said in a huff. 

I stood quickly and proceeded to walk away.  I got tugged to a stop though.  I had forgotten the invisible line that constantly tied Caleb to me.  I tugged at it and glared at Caleb.  He kept his eyes diverted from my gaze. 

“Get up Caleb!  I want to go home!”  I whined at him as I continued to tug. 

Caleb’s face turned stern as he slowly stood.  I might have even caught a glimmer of anger in his eyes.  His white wings flared out as he tried to catch his balance and then he made his way slowly behind me.