Chapter 1

Thankfully, I wasn't late to class. Well, I wasn't considered late, at least. Since I was a first-year and it was my first day here, they let it go.

Lunchtime rolled around and of course, I had no friends, so I ended up sitting by myself.

"Hi Jihye!" I heard a cheerful voice and the sound of a tray being placed next to me.

"I assume we're dropping formalities already?" I chuckled. "Anyways, I'm surprised you remember my name, Kihyun."

"I'm surprised you do, too. Are you a first-year?"

I briefly nodded while eating.

"Then I can drop formalities. You should be the one still using them, dongsaeng," he continued, emphasizing 'dongsaeng'.

Dongsaeng?

He must have noticed that I looked confused, so he added, "I'm a second-year, but it's okay. You don't have to use formalities with me."

I mouthed an 'ohhh' and asked, "Why are you eating here?"

"Just because. I saw you by yourself and I like making new friends, so here I am," Kihyun replied while picking up his chopsticks. "My friends might also come over here, too. They're not all second year's like me, though. Some are in their third year."

Right after he said that, a bunch of other guys came out of nowhere. Things seem to always happen after he was done saying something.

"Oooh!~ Kihyun hyung made friends with a girl!" one of them exclaimed.

"Who said I was his friend?" I asked jokingly.

"OHHH!" they all teased, taking a seat one-by-one.

"Well, that hurts my heart. These are my friends, Hyunwoo, Jooheon, Hoseok, Minhyuk, Changkyun, and Hyungwon," he said, pointing to each of his friends while stating their name.

Woah, each and every one of them are all seriously handsome.

"I was kidding, Kihyun. Don't take it to heart. Anyway, annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jung Jihye, a first-year student," I said, accidentally making eye contact with one of them. I nervously looked back down at my food, mentally cursing at myself.

"What are you guys doing instead of eating? Lunch is going to be over in a bit. What are you guys looking at? Are you guys looking at J-" Kihyun started, but got interrupted by the other guys.

"Nothing!" they all replied in unison.

"I'm gonna go make use of the remaining fifteen minutes to practice," I said, stuffing my mouth with the rest of my lunch. "See you guys later!"

Kihyun's P.O.V.

When I looked up from my food, no one else was eating besides Jihye and me. I glanced from Changkyun to Hyungwon and to the rest of the boys. I noticed that they were all looking towards one direction, Jihye.

After swallowing my food, I asked, "What are you guys doing instead of eating? Lunch is going to be over in a bit. What are you guys looking at? Are you guys looking at J-"

"Nothing!" they all snapped back at me.

Well dang, okay.

"I'm gonna go make use of the remaining fifteen minutes to practice. See you guys later!" Jihye yelled enthusiastically. It became silent when she was out of our sight.

"Kihyun, you made friends with a pretty nice girl," Minhyuk spoke up. Following his statement, the others started to slowly nod a little one-by-one.