Her eyes warm me

Me, Jackson, Carmen, and Alpha Max waited patiently for the pack doctor to tell us about the human girl.

'Mate, Mate Mate!" My wolf screamed over and over in my head. All I wanted was to see her, just once is all. She turned unconscious before I could do anything. I am glad that vampire is gone forever.

The door to the room opened and the pack doctor walked out and turned to us." Will she be okay?" Max asked. The doctor chuckled and took off his glasses." Yes, surprisingly she faired well with just a few cuts and cuncussion. She is awake right now so the four of you are able to see her." With that said the doctor walks away and the four of us walk inside to see her sitting on hospital bed, reading a small book, her light auburn brown hair falling nicely over her shoulders. White bandages are wrapped around her head and arms.

Her gaze turned to us as she placed the book down." Thank you for helping me." She mentioned shyly. My wolf howled, showing his happiness." There's no need to thank us it wasn't a problem, my name is Max...this is Jackson, Carmen and Alden." Each of us bowed at the sound of our names but I could feel her gaze on me longer and it made me.....happy.

"Well then, my name is Katie. I came to see my grandmother in the mountains, truly I didnt think about being attacked."

"What is your grandmother's name?" Jackson asked.

"Its Amelia."

A pack elder?" We'll contact her and let her know what happened during your arrival." Max offers. A smile appeared on Katie's face.' Stay here with her and watch over her, but dont do anything till she recovers. Me Jackson and Carmen are going to find Amelia.' Alpha's voice rings in my head." We're gonna see you later Katie." Carmen says. The three of them leave a second later, leaving me with Katie. I walk over and sit down in one of the chairs in the room.

I could feel her eyes on me, sliding up my body, tingles wherever her gaze traveled, until our eyes connect and I stare into the most pretties light green eyes. Warmth settled inside my body. It doesnt shock me that her eyes warm me, she shifts in her position and I saw yearning deep in her eyes.

" Do you have any questions?" I asked, breaking the silence. Katie blinks once or twice before answering." Your voice. Were you the one who talked to me before I blacked out?" She asks.

I nod and she smiles." I appreciate it, thank you very much Alden. Now where am I?"

"West a few miles from the mountain, I'd recommend not to try to do anything in your state right now." She nods, understanding the dangers of doing that right now. Though I'd like to see a group of vampires try and come on our land.

Hours pass and we spend time talking about ourselves, enjoying each other's company until the sun dipped below the horizon and I waited till Katie fell asleep to leave, once I stepped out the room I was pushed against the walls and stares into the hazel eyes of Alpha Cristen." What are you doing with my daughter you beast!" He growls at me.

She's his daughter?

"If she was your daughter than you would have gotten to her before us. Wouldnt that make sense?" I counter.

His hand grips tight around my neck but I dont flinch at the aching feeling of my airway being cut off. Other wolves would but I'm not a normal wolf.....or beta." It matters shit to me that your her mate, but she was born human, if I find out you hurt her or rejected her your own Alpha wont be able to protect you anymore." My wolf growled deeply at his words, the almost animalistic sound rumbling through my chest. Fear. That's what I see in Alpha Cristen's eyes as he releases me, taking a step back as I step forward.

Everyone thats passed my path knows of who I am, yes I am a Beta. A wolf born to protect their Alpha. But mine created me from nothing.

A personal, powerful and strong guard who's able to take down anyone, being a Beta only increases what I can do.

I'm a puppet and he's pulling my iron strings.

"I think thats enough Alden." Alpha Max's voice fills the silence. I stop and turn my attention to him other than this shaking Alpha in front of me." As you can see Cristen, Alden doesnt like when people insult me." Cristen nods, eyeing me as Max comes to stand beside me." How much do you want for him. I'll pay anything."

Max simply shakes his head." My beta is not for sale. We have been together for a very long time, I wouldnt dream of selling him, now I think you should go back to your family until next time. Also Katie's grandmother if you will. She isnt fit to see her." When the basterd didnt move I growled again and that was enough to make him turn and walk away. Once he was out of earshot Max patted me on the back like a proud father does to his son." That was a good show Alden. Now it's getting late even you need your sleep."

"Are you-"

"I'll get Jackson to scout around the pack house now get some sleep." Max said, interrupting my sentence.

Smiling he walks passed me and heads down the hall toward his room while I stay there confused. He wants me to sleep? Sighing I glance back at Katie's door before walking to my room.