Three is a team

The wolf on the right is Alden, left is Carmen and middle is Jackson. There's a lot of speaking in this chapter and it might be confusing. Sorry in advance.

A growl rumbles through my chest as I punched the steering wheel of my truck, anger and fury burning through ever core of my body.

Why! Just fucking why cant just one moment be peaceful. Vampires have to pop up everywhere dont they?

My foot hits the brake and the truck pulls to a stop as I lean against the wheel, raking my fingers through my hair. Then again nothings be normal or peaceful not even me cause I was made by a damn machine. A thud sounds from the back and a second later the passenger door opens and Jackson gets in." Hey." He says, to cheerful for my liking right now." So not in the mood to deal with you right now." Tilting my head I glare at him while he just grins like a idiot.

"Yea I know. Alpha told me to follow you and make sure you dont do anything so stupid and to avoid that from happening I'll allow you to use me to get your anger out." My wolf was pleased at his words and truly considered the thought. Really anything that could get my mind off tear vampire heads was worth it to me." Are you sure you dont want your pretty face messed up?" I asked. Jackson shrugs as if its no big deal. Chuckling I bring my gaze back to the forest around us as a group of people walk out of the bushes, but they weren't human they were vampires. My left hand released the steering wheel and reached to open the door when Jackson grabs my wrist." Woah, their buddy. This is why Max told me to follow you. Why dont you-"

"No way, I already know what your thinking and it wont work." I cut him off.

"So your plan is to go busting heads....no what that's a damn good idea go ahead and be stupid!" He snaps.

"Think before you talk Jackson." The words said through gritted teeth that are slowly turning into fangs as my wolf begins to rise, not at all happy with this at all.

"You arent the leader Alden, you found your mate while I havent and I can at least keep my temper in check more than you." I can see tears form in his eyes as he says this." That isnt my fault or problem so dont make it that way." I say. He lets go of my wrist and lowers his head, I see his shoulders shake as he starts to cry. Without a second thought I open the door and get out, closing as I approach the vampires. Is this what you meant Max." Hey Alden, why'd you leave your buddy?" One of them Jeremy asks." He isnt feeling up to it but-"

"Why are you on our lands?" A voice finishes. I look back as Carmen walks over and stands beside me, I cant help the grin that spreads on my face as I turn back to face the bloodsuckers." You guys heard him. It'd right to leave now while you still have your head." More like a promise than words.

The vampires find that funny and laugh." You cant beat us in your human form." Trinity muses. A car door closing as Jackson takes his place with us. I was made to be strong to protect the pack, but with these two at my side to me, we aren't beat able.' If you guys have clearer heads now....lets show them why not many attack the Black Warrior pack,' Carmen says through our mindlink. We nod and it's not surprising as the group of vampires step back as we step forward.

"As the Beta, third and second command of the Black Warrior pack our jobs are to protect our alpha, and pack members from danger no matter the blood we have to spill." Our voices and movements in complete sync as the three of us shift into our wolves. We raise our heads and howl, warning our pack and ones near of the danger.' Try not to lose it Alden.' Jackson teased.' Yea we'll see.' Getting the message the vampires turn and run but we dont plan to let them get very far. I find Derek in the crowd as we follow them down the path and I jump on his back, sinking my canines deep in to his shoulder. He cries out and tries to shake me off but that only makes it deeper and jagged.

Not too pretty if I'd say.

Carmen's wolf jumps onto a different vampires shoulders, copying my actions while Jackson sinks his teeth into Trinity's ankle, she cries out as she falls to the ground.

Howls from the east and west let us know help is coming from our neighbors Silver Stream and Crescent Moon. With one hard shake Derek knocks me off and I'm thrown against a tree. The sound of bones breaking as a whimper leaves my mouth. Jackson and Carmen stop and glance at me, worry gleaming in their eyes.

'Are you okay?' Carmen asks.

'I'm fine! Go without me it will mean more trouble if they get away.'

They look at each other, choosing to leave me or continue, finally Jackson turns to me.' Dont you die.' I nod and they run off to finish the vampires. Shifting back into my human self I try to stand but my leg buckle beneath me as pain runs through my side, it wasnt hard to tell one of my ribs were broken, I sighed leaning my head against the tree and staring at the night sky." We have to get back, check on mate." My wolf mutters in my head." Yea I know." I replied.

Gritting my teeth I stand up, careful as not to make anything worse and walk behind the tree and look in the bushes. I find a blue button up shirt with jeans and slip them on.

After a minute or two I see Carmen and Jackson coming back down the path along with Lillian and Violet. Violet's the first to notice me and her hazel eyes widen." Alden, what happened?" Worry eches her voice. Lillian takes her attention from Carmen and looks at me." What did you two do to him?" She asks." We didnt do anything, it was Derek." Jackson explains. Gasping Violet rushes over to me and pulls me into a hug, gladly not touching my side." Of you poor baby, I cant believe Max made you fight vampires. I'll have to talk to him about this." She coos in a motherly tone.

Jackson and Carmen burst out into a fit of laughter and I can see Lillian try to hide the smile on her face with her hand. Oh Goddess." Violet I'm fine its just a broken rib. I'll be fine once we get back to the pack house." I reassure her. At this she lets go of me and smiles." Great then lets go now," she turns to our three giggling friends and glares at them," Stop laughing and lets get to the pack house."

This just took a turn for the worst.