7

It had been three days since I had last seen Owen. Three days had passed and I hadn't told Sawyer anything about it really. Usually I tell Sawyer everything right away. But instead, I told my mother. I came to the realization that I was scared. I didn't want to tell him. I didn't know how. I had never talked to him about time I spent with a guy I really liked. I didn't want him to think my girly thoughts were stupid, or to not understand how excited I am. This was the one time in my life when I really wished I had a girl best friend to talk about these types of things. I wanted to tell someone everything about Owen; to tell them all about how gorgeous his eyes are and how it felt when he hugged me. But I couldn't help but think that Sawyer wouldn't be interested in that conversation.

Alas, I had no other friends, at least no one that I trusted with that information. My only options seemed to be telling Sawyer everything, or investing in a diary and writing until my hand fell off. The latter didn't sound like a very fun option.

I attempted to push all thoughts of Owen and Sawyer aside for a bit as I took a shower and did some things around the house. After I finished cleaning a little, I picked up a book that I had been reading (The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen) and began to read. I got through 3 chapters before I was interrupted by the shrill sound of the doorbell.

Hesitantly, I tip-toed down the stairs and looked out the window to see who was at the door. I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding in when I saw that it was just Sawyer. When I opened the door he walked straight in and started speaking before I could even say hello.

"So I decided that I'm going to be a part of this relationship," he said. I was immediately confused. What in the world did that mean?

"What are you talking about, Sawyer?"

"I mean that I want to know everything about you and Owen. Well, mostly everything. At first I was like 'I don't want to know anything about him she can tell someone else all the details I don't wanna hear it', but then I remembered that I'm your best friend and I'm supposed to be by your side through this stuff. And I realized that the more I know about your relationship, the more I can help you if you have problems. And you won't be able to tell me that I know nothing because you told me everything and you'll have to listen to me. Besides all of that though, I want you to know that I am here for you, and even if I don't like the guy you're dating I will still try to support your relationship. I'm sorry I'm rambling this has just been stressing me out and I had to get all of this off of my chest. Neither of us have ever really been in a relationship before, and I just don't want to lose my best friend."

"Aw, Sawyer. You don't have to worry about losing me. Besties before the resties right?" I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him, trying to rid him of some of his stress. He instantly relaxed and hugged me back.

"You're right, Scar," he said, his voice muffled by my hair. Sawyer pulled away from me and began to walk towards the kitchen. "On another note, what kind of food can I pig out on while you tell me about your new boy toy?"

"We could eat some popcorn." I suggested as he rummaged through my kitchen cabinets.

Sawyer stopped looking and turned around to face me. "That is a wonderful idea." He then proceeded to look for the popcorn, and after he found it he threw a bag in the microwave. When it was done he poured it in a bowl, grabbed the basket of chocolate, and got a cherry soda for each of us. "Alright, let's get this party started." He said, and then we walked up the stairs to my room. Sawyer took a seat on my bed and crossed his legs under him. I copied him and stole a handful of popcorn out of the bowl.