Chapter 4

Niall stood in the doorway and ran to my rescue as a jamboree of feet raced through the house to the kitchen.

Michael was instantly off my body and stood away with a look in his eye similar to when you catch a child in the middle of being bad, they know they’ve been caught.

All the other lads crowded into the kitchen as Niall ran to my side and pulled me into his side, I didn’t mind too much like I wasn’t scared or going to cry I was just a little shaken up.

“What is wrong with you!” a voice spoke threw grunted teeth, I instantly knew it was Liam. Before anyone responded there was a hard smack and when I turned Michael was on the ground and I felt an overwhelming wave of guilt.

This was all my fault. Everything. All of it.

I quickly stood of from my spot on the floor and weaseled my way out of the kitchen and to a bathroom. I tried to stop myself but I looked in the mirror and my eyes were red and my hair was a mess, I felt ugly, that’s the only way to put it.

Tripping over my own feet I left the bathroom and Liam was getting yelled at my Calum and Zayn while Luke, Ashton, Louis and Harry were making sure he was okay, I figured no one would notice if I just went for a walk so I scrambled to slip out of the front door where I found Niall wide eyed.

“Jessica? Where are you going?” he questioned.

I didn’t have time for this I just shook my head and started walking down the street but I guess he got the message because he didn’t say nothing after that.

My legs could only take me so far, not nearly as far as I wanted to go but it was a start. I could tell the sun was starting to set and I had been walking for a good 4 hours and had no idea where I was and I had already smoked 3 cigarettes, I don’t usually but my body was aching and I felt nauseous.

I back tracked for two hours until I was defiantly lost I resorted to calling Liam and of course he was pissed that I had gotten myself lost and just left but I didn’t care considering how sick I felt.

After waiting an hour li said he would be there any second and I was sitting on a bench when I wave of nausea filled my body once again but his time the raising bile in my throat told me to run to a can to vomit but of course there was none and I puked on the asphalt.

I was disgusted to see black tar from my cigarettes mixed with my least meal and a maroon swirl of blood. I began to feel light headed as Liam’s car pulled up and I fell backwards onto my arse and I layed on the asphalt as Liam jumped out of his car and ran over to me.

His hands were warm and he patted my cheek to get some kind of reaction but I hurt too much to respond let alone move.

I could feel him pick me up and he kept asking if I was alright and I would nod, knowing he would take me to the hospital but I didn’t want that.

He gently placed me in his car and I slowly drifted off into a painless sleep as he hummed Little Things.