II

Every morning before leaving for work, your brother makes sure to cook three meals for you—breakfast, lunch, and dinner—knowing you’re not a fan of food delivery. But when he’s at work and no one’s around to cook, you reluctantly turn to takeout.

You always stash his cooked meals in the fridge, saving them for later. After that, you sit on the sofa, wondering what to do with your day. Suddenly, you remember your bakery. It’s been a while since you last visited, but you assume everything’s going fine since your manager hasn’t texted you with any issues. You always remind him to contact you only if there’s a problem.

What you don’t know is that, despite his busy schedule, your brother has been visiting the shop whenever he can.

Feeling a bit restless, you decide to visit your brother at work and invite him to take a break. You’ve noticed how overworked he’s been lately and thought he could use some relaxation.

---

At Your Brother’s Workplace...

You walk into the building and head straight to the practice room. As soon as you enter, you spot Baekhyun sitting with your brother.

“Oppa! Let’s go somewhere!” you say excitedly.

Baekhyun turns to look at you with a raised eyebrow, but you ignore him and focus on Chanyeol, who’s used to your surprise visits by now.

“Sorry, my dongsaeng. I’m really busy today, I have practice,” Chanyeol explains, sounding apologetic.

“I didn’t realize you were working today... I’ll just go alone then,” you reply, a bit disappointed.

Chanyeol glances at Baekhyun. “Baekhyun, can you go with her?”

“What?!” you exclaim, shocked. “Are you serious, oppa? You want me to go with him?”

You’ve always thought Baekhyun was a bit... different. The first time you saw him at a concert, you couldn’t help but notice the heavy eyeliner he wore. It was so thick, you jokingly started to wonder if he was... well, not exactly into girls. Even though he wasn’t wearing makeup today, the image stuck in your mind.

Baekhyun, clearly unimpressed, mumbles, “She’s so annoying. Doesn’t she have any friends to hang out with?”

Chanyeol laughs, “She never made friends in school. I don’t get it either. She’s always avoided people. She’s kind of weird.”

What Chanyeol doesn’t know is that people only tried to befriend you because of him and his idol friends. Once you realized that, you decided it was better to keep to yourself than deal with fake friendships.

“Yah, Oppa! Why are you telling him that?” you protest.

“I’m just telling the truth,” Chanyeol replies, grinning.

“Whatever! I’m leaving.”

You turn on your heel, ready to leave the room. Chanyeol motions for Baekhyun to follow you, and before you know it, he’s walking right behind you.

---

Outside the Building...

As you exit the building, you spin around to confront Baekhyun.

“Why are you following me?” you ask, irritated.

“I’m supposed to accompany you,” he replies flatly.

“I don’t need a babysitter,” you snap.

“Tsst. Whatever,” he mutters.

“What did you say?”

“Oh, nothing. I’m thrilled to be here,” he responds with a sarcastic smile.

You roll your eyes and turn away, while Baekhyun, behind you, rolls his eyes right back.

---

While Walking...

“You should treat me,” Baekhyun says suddenly.

“Why would I do that?” you ask, surprised.

“Because I’m stuck with you,” he replies.

“I already told you, I don’t need a companion,” you retort.

“Why are you so mean?” he mutters, scratching his neck, but you don’t catch what he says.

“I’ll treat you... if you pay,” you say with a mischievous grin.

“If I have to pay, it’s not really a treat, is it?” Baekhyun says, shaking his head.

You laugh at his response as you both arrive at your bakery. You walk in first, with Baekhyun trailing behind.