Chapter 3: Decisions & Songs

Hadley's POV

Personally, I thought Generation Next was a fabulous name for the boys' band. It was perfect, it wasn't too mainstream, and it was edgy. I was really excited for them, I know this has been Xander's dream for a while, to live up to our dad's expectations. Well, more like our dad's reputation.

That's why all of the eleven of us are aiming for careers in the performing arts, to live up to our parents' reputation. Teagan and I are currently writing an autobiography on ourselves on what it was like growing up with a popstar dad, a model for a mum, and being one of three. Or rather, two of three. 

While Teagan and I looked somewhat similar when we were younger, we looked so much more alike as we grew older. We both looked more like our dad, and it was quite difficult to tell the difference between the two of us now.

"Hey!" Hadley poked her head in. "The publishing company sent us back the first edition of our book, what do you think of our cover?" She walked in and set the book down on my desk.

I picked it up, a smile growing on my face. "I love it," I pronounced.

Teagan giggled. "Me too!"

It was easier to tell us apart since we both had highlights in our hair now. Our dad was not fond of them, but Mum said he'd come around.

"I don't know though," I said, giving the cover a closer look. "Does it look repetitive with the same font?"

Teagan took the book from me. "I don't know," she said finally. "I love it, though."

"It worked out that our names are above our heads," I said with a laugh.

Teagan smiled. "I like it like that. I mean, people can't tell us apart in that picture, we look practically the same!" The cover is on the side! If you recognize the photo, it was the old cover for Promise Me This, which I have removed from the website.

I grinned. "That's a good thing, 'cause we totally don't anymore."

Teagan shook her head. "No kidding. Well I'll just send it back to Courtney and tell her everything's good." Courtney was our publicist, and she worked for our novel's publishing company.

"Sounds good," I said, and Teagan left. I pulled out my laptop and hopped online for a bit. I scrolled through my newsfeed on Twitter, and saw Livi's Tweet:

Livi Horan @o.livi.a_horan

#GenerationNext @tylerpayne15 @carleigh_payne @brandonH @hadleytommo @HavenStyles ;)

She'd gotten tons of retweets, mostly from fans wondering what the heck her Tweet meant. I smiled and gave it a favourite and retweet, and continued to scroll down before posting a Tweet of my own:

Hadley Tomlinson @hadleytommo

Super pumped for #GenerationNext #soproudoftheseboys

That should keep the fans on their toes.

"Hey sweetheart, what are you doing?" Mum asked, knocking on the door.

"Just looking at Twitter," I responded. Teagan and I were both university students at the moment, but Mum mostly lived with us because Dad was so often away on tour. She said it didn't bother her, she was quite used to it. 

I wondered if I would ever get used to Nick being away on tour.

What are you thinking? I asked myself furiously. A girl such as myself having a crush on a guy four years younger than me is ridiculous.