Chapter 12: Admittance & Annoyance

Dedication to: YoutubeAddict15, who correctly guessed the song Tyler "wrote" for Livi, 'The Only Reason' by 5 Seconds of Summer. I love that band and I thought the song perfectly resembled the turmoil and stress that Liv and Tyler are going through right now.

But enough of the Horans' and Paynes' for now. Let's focus on the three other families in this chapter.

We'll start where we left off at Haven's POV...

~*~

Xander's POV

"Of course I like you," I scoffed nervously, glancing at her. "We're friends, I can't hate you."

Haven looked at me. "That's not what I meant, Alexander." She bit her lip and I nearly groaned. "Tell me the truth."

I swallowed. "Why?"

"Why am I asking you this?" Haven clarified, raising an eyebrow. When I nodded, she shrugged. "I just want to know where we stand. Even Hadley and Teagan have admitted to me that it's weird when you volunteer to take me to the hospital every time I need to get dropped off. Also, that you wait for me when I'm done."

"Maybe I dig you a little bit," I muttered, averting my gaze back to the road.

"You dig me?" Haven asked, laughing. "That's so adult of you, Xander--wait, what?" she choked.

I must've been beet red by now. "Yes, I LIKE YOU HAVEN. Even though it's like really weird and all 'cause I'm five years older than you and stuff."

When I finally mustered up the courage to look at her again, there was a smile spread across her face. "Age is just a number," Haven said softly as I turned onto my street.  

I didn't say anything as I pulled into my driveway and got out, getting out Haven's wheelchair and wondering what her words had meant. As I helped her out of the car, Haven studied me with her gorgeous blue eyes and made me gulp.

"Age is just a number," she repeated, and then smiled.

I looked down at her, perplexed, just as she leaned in and her lips landed on mine. My eyes widened in surprise and when I finally got my focus back I reciprocated the kiss, getting onto my knees so that my back wouldn't give way.

When we pulled apart we stared at each other, grinning sheepishly. "I like you too," Haven announced, winking.

I laughed, locked the car, and wheeled her off into the house as fast as I could. What happened on the driveway was only the beginning.

Hadley's POV

"Hello to you too," I said sarcastically as Xander and Haven burst through the door wildly, and watched, amused, as he swept her off the wheelchair and they rushed upstairs.

"I guess they finally admitted they like each other," Teagan said, giggling.

Anna laughed. "It's about bloody time!"

Nick scowled. "They'd better not be doing anything up there."

"I dunno, they rushed up there pretty quickly," Anna giggled.

"I'm sure Xander will be careful as Haven's still not 100%," I reassured him.

"I don't know, Xander's liked Haven for a while now. Good thing she's older--" Teagan was cut off.

"SHE'S 14!" Nick cried.

I burst out laughing. "He's got a point there."

"They're not doing anything illegal, she's a minor and he's an adult," Teagan tried.