Ch. 1: Birthday

Eva's P.O.V.

Tomorrow is my birthday well in a few hours it's my birthday and I'm honestly scared. I feel like something really big is going to happen but I don't know what. I know that my quinceanera is tomorrow. Hi I'm Eva Luna Marie Lopez I'm daughter of Sam and Macy Lopez. They are the Betas well my mom is daughter of Alpha Julio Jimenez of Blood Shot pack but anyways their both Betas of the Death Trap Pack. I have twin older brothers. Cameron and Nick. Their gonna take on the Beta role as partners since they both couldn't decide which one of them should be it without ripping each others heads off.

I'm 14 well 15 at midnight, about 5'2, I have silver hair naturally that reaches to my mid back lightly curled naturally, I have a nice even tan that I'm happy with, I'm not chubby nor am I skinny skinny, and I have greyish eyes with a little purple and gold specks which you can't see unless you really pay attention or if one of my emotions gets the best of me. I'm way beyond fit but I don't show it. I only train about 2 times a week officially while everyone else trains everyday but Alpha Matt and my brother Nick train me everyday in a clearing no one knows about. My brothers that just turned 18 have black hair, nice even tan, really well built, a ladies man well Cameron is Nick respects them.

Nick takes time to actually get to know me and spends his time with me by playing games and telling bad puns when he could be out learning more beta stuff and be with friends yet he's here with his 'Mute' sister. He protects me from the other pack members, while Cameron does the opposite he makes fun of me, bullies me, and beats me almost every day but makes sure I won't 'say' anything and makes sure the bruises aren't in sight for people to see.

Nick suspects I'm being abused but I keep telling him I'm not that their just calling me names. When we're in public and I have to tell my parents or the alpha, or my brother something I would use sign language to communicate with them.

Right now I'm getting ready for the ceremony that's taking place at the clearing in the middle of the woods not to far from the pack house.

I'm wearing a light pink dress that reaches to my mid thighs and hugs my body perfectly. I match the dress with black pumps and little amount of make up. By little I mean lip gloss, light pink eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner and blush. I take off the necklace Charlie gave me and put it away safely and put on some diamond earrings that Alpha Matt got me a few months ago with its matching necklace.

I start on my hair and I just felt like putting it into tighter curls. I get out my curler and start on my hair. Half an hour later my hair is done. I walk over to my full length mirror on my wall near the window and look at myself. This is a totally different person, I'm the type to wear sweats, tights, shorts, or joggers around the pack house with baggy shirts and sweatshirts. But today since its a special day and by special day I mean my soon to be birthday and not the coming of the new Alpha I decided to dress up.

I hear a knock at the door and I walk over to answer it. Once I opened the door I see my brothers standing there. Cameron with a frown on his face and Nick with a big smile. Big enough to see his dimples come out.

"Come on the parties gonna start soon and we've been waiting for you for 2 hours." Cameron said irritated. I look over at Nick and he just shakes his head. I shrugged turn around to turn off the lights and close the door behind me.

Cameron walks off to the first floor I'm guessing while me and Nick take our time walking down the hallway.

"You know for once you look beautiful and not like a hobo." Nick says as we round the corner. I just look at him and give him a big toothy smile in a way to say thanks.

'Your not to bad yourself bro. For once you actually clean up.' I said in sign language. He just laughs.

"I know I clean up nice but seriously you look beautiful tonight. Happy Birthday Eva Luna. I love you and will always be by your side when you need me no matter what." He said. I stopped where we're at which was on top of the stair case and turned to him. I gave him a hug. I hugged him like it was the last time I'll ever see him or like he's gonna disappear from my life.