plagued with death.

I gave the two of them a look. How? How could I be the one to make Bruce proud when I had already failed so fucking badly. I was no different than the three of them... In fact I was all of them combined. Obviously I was rebellious, and I was only alive by the means of death... It hadn't happened yet, but I'm sure I was bound to leave too! I couldn't stay here... I just, I couldn't deal with Bruce. He didn't understand me. He didn't approve of me. Half the time I thought Jay and Dick didn't approve of me either, but they at least made an effort to understand.

"You two have both made Bruce proud, what are you talking about?" It sounded shy, but I wanted to be overbearing. I couldn't comprehend why he felt that way. Jason just pulled me in for a hug.

"Damian please, let's not panic about the past. It's time to fixate about the future... I know you're capable of this." I just looked around the bright room. Their proposal was that of an enigma that had been further encrypted to add more confusion. It's quiet for a few minutes, as Grayson's heavy breathing became the only noise audible.

"Shhh, it's okay buddy." Jason pulls Grayson into his lap, gently petting his hair and he lulled him to tranquility.

"I'm so sorry... You guys have had to deal with this." Dick weakly whispers, and suddenly I'm having problems breathing for my throat is so swollen.

"Hey, I'm here isn't that what you wanted?" It suddenly gets silent and I'm not so sure why. I'm just watching their dynamic unfold. I knew they were close, as they had multiple years together before I came into the picture.

"When I died, you used to visit my grave every other day. I remember the little speeches you would give me... You never thought it was fair. You lost your parents, and then you lost your brother, and you begged and begged for forgiveness. You thought you did something wrong. Thought that you were plagued with death as a form of punishment. But it's just the luck of the draw kiddo... And oh how I wanted to tell you that. All those times you asked aloud why I had to die in between sobs... I just wish I could of answered. You would always ask him to give me back. You wanted me home. And now I'm here Dick, and I'm not going anywhere, which means you should stay put too." He was still rubbing his forehead trying to calm him down.

"You heard me when I spoke at your grave?" He wondered, his voice that of a young child insecure about the reality of the previous statement made.

"I didn't just hear you Dickiebird, I listened. And through death I found a reason to live."

I never realized how strong of a bond the two shared. I mean I was close to the two of them individually, but truthfully we were rarely ever all together. As Jason gives Dick a small shattered smile, he begins to sob louder, and I turn around not wanting to witness this. Maybe he was more forever fractured than I thought.

"How bout we get you to sleep old pal?" Jason slowly whispers, trying to be as reassuring as possible. Grayson just closes his eyes in response, and Jay picks him up and carries him to the messy bed. I'm still sitting there in shock, trying to hide my reddened eyes. Minutes later, I can hear Dick's murmured snores, and it's apparent that for the first time in over a week, he was actually getting some genuine sleep.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that. I know it's a lot to take in." He apologizes in an overwhelmingly sincere fashion.

"I never realized you too were so close..." I guess Grayson was truly the glue in this family.

"Well, when we first met, I was by no means a fan... Kind of like you. But death changes a person Dami... I mean he cried over my absence every waking day. It was the first time I ever felt like someone cared about me, and I wasn't even alive to thank him. I never understood brotherhood till I was beyond breathing. Grayson showed me that people can care, and that's why I'm passing this all on to you. You might think he doesn't deserve death kiddo, but in a way he kind of does... He deserves to be with the people who taught him what he taught me. He needs his real family. No matter how much he loves us, how much we love him, he's still just the lonesome boy who lost his parents at the circus. He truly deserves nothing more than to be with them. Death doesn't do people part Damian, for oblivion offers a second chance at hello."