Good Morning! . . .Not

Being an empath, Keefe felt his father before he heard him.  Lord Cassius's anger and distain was incredibly strong.

       "Keefe Sencen! If you don't get up this instant, you will be late for school again! Do you realize what that would do to my reputation? It's time you start living up to your name!" Keefe groaned as he opened his eyes to find his father's purple face directly above his own. Keefe yawned and stretched, purposefully putting a hand right in his dad's face, cutting him off mid-sentence. Lord Cassius brushed it away unfazed. 
"If you get called to Dame Alina's office one more time, I swear—" He continued to scold Keefe.

          "How about a simple 'Good morning, Keefe! How lovely to see your shining face!'" Keefe mumbled, falling back into his sheets. Lord Cassius didn't hear him. He was ranting about the importance of good impressions and how 'This is why you must earn your family crest!'
           Keefe groaned again and suddenly jumping up, he grabbed his father's arm and dragged him out of the room. "Ok!" Keefe said brightly. "Time to get ready for another amazing day of tests and classes and learning," He closed the door behind his dad and leaned against it. He could hear his father's voice as his footsteps retreated down the hall. "And ditching." Keefe smirked into his mirror. "And flirting with girls and annoying teachers and pulling pranks and," Keefe glanced at the clock on his bedside table and gasped. "AND DOING MY HAIR!" He rushed to find a clean uniform before grabbing a bottle of gel. He had thirty minutes before he had to leave. How was he ever going to finish in time?