chapter 1

"Okay, students, I know you're all looking forward to your winter break, but there is a matter of homework to discuss." Mr. Demersy told his students.

"Aww..." the class groaned about having to do homework over their vacation.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll all have fun with this assignment," Mr. Demersy insisted. "I would like you all to do a family tree project about your siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents, ecetra... Even your distant ancestors."

Penny Forrester, who was now in school with Akito, Estelle, Vincent, and Felicity after she quit being on the Bolt TV Show, looked up slightly in interest and curiosity.

"Cool." Lee smiled.

"I look forward to hearing all about your families," Mr. Demersy smiled, then the bell rang. "Class Dismissed."

The class cheered as they were now going to spend a month away from school and they rushed out the hallway in excitement. The teachers all wished them a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year as they were finally off for a good while until summer vacation.

"So, what should we do for our project?" Estelle asked.

"Dad, of course..." Akito smiled. "he's the best!"

"Should we include... You know who though?" Vincent asked his twin siblings about a certain family member of theirs.

The twins looked back at him.

"You know... Uncle Sombra..." Vincent replied.

"Oh, yeah..." Akito and Estelle replied back. "Him..."

"No, besides, I don't think the teacher would think you guys were taking the project seriously if you included Equestrian history from Equestria." Felicity said.

"I know, but, he's still kind of family..." Vincent rubbed his arm.

"I suggest you talk with your parents..." Felicity shrugged.

"I agree." Estelle said.

Akito also agreed.

"I just don't know who to write about..." Felicity said. "Most of Papa's family is deceased..."

"Then why not do your research on your father?" Lee asked.

"I suppose that could work..." Felicity shrugged.

"I heard my mama say that we're descended from Anastasia from Russia." Penny spoke up.

"Ooh." Estelle smiled.

"Come on, let's get home before it starts snowing." Marc advised.

With that, they all rushed to the Fudo house before a storm would hit.

"Ah, winter break." Mo smiled as she decided to make hot chocolate for the kids when they would come home.

"It sure is coming down out there." Atticus said.

"It looks amazing!" Scruffy stood by one of the windows with Snow White and Dot in excitement. "Like that winter wonderland that Mom and Dad went to with Cousin Oddball and the Buddies!"

"Yeah, but it also looks like it's becoming a storm." Dot said.

"Oh, my..." Mo looked worried.

Luckily, the kids made it in time. The Clark siblings, Felicity, and Penny came with the Fudo siblings.

"I don't think it's been cold since Rasputin tried to take down the Romanovs that I read in my history books." Atticus commented.

Before anything else could be said, that very same history book started to glow. Atticus looked over to one of his old books and rushed to it in case it would be an emergency.