Lose one...Gain one

3 years ago...

Naeun's father was on his knees with his head hanged low. "Please give me another chance" he begged. Jieun's father look at him with disgust, "Pack your things by the end of the day and leave" he said. Naeun's father grabbed his leg, "Please don't fire me. I have a family to take care of" he begged. Security came as they grabbed him, "Please, reconsider. I've worked for this company for years" he shouted as they dragged him away

Naeun got home from school, "Umma, I'm home" she called while taking her shoes off and putting on her slippers. "Umma" she called again when she heard someone crying, she walked into her parents room and saw her father hanging from the ceiling. She covered her mouth and gasped, "Naeun" her mother said while getting up from the ground and ran to cover Naeun's eyes so she wouldn't see her father like that.

At the funeral, Naeun sat down, silently crying while her mother was crying out her father's name. Jieun's father walked in, "Sorry for your lost" he said. Naeun and her mother looked at him, "I would like to compansate you for your lost" he continued while holding out an envelope to them. "You murdered my husband and you want to to pay us off. Naeun call the police" her mother said while grabbing his foot, "You have for your crimes."

"Umma" Naeun said while pulling her mother off of him. "My husband worked like a dog for your company and this is how you repay him. I don't want your dirty money" her mother said as she clutched her chest. "Umma, umma" Naeun said as her mother pass out.

The next day Naeun held another funeral for her mother, she sat down with her back against the wall while staring at her mother's picture. Jieun watched behind the wall with her hands in her purse, "Just give her the money and leave" Jieun said to herself as she walked in and bowed, "How do you know my mother?" Naeun asked as she looked at her. "I don't. I came to give you something" Jieun said as she grabbed the envelope from her purse. "What's this?" Naeun asked as she took it from her. "From Jaeho Group" Jieun said.

Naeun immediately gave it back, "Jaeho Group killed my parents. I don't want anything to do with them" Naeun said. Jieun took the envelope back as she looked at the picture of Naeun's mother. "I'm sorry for you loss" Jieun said.

"How are you associated with Jaeho group?"

"I'm not. A man told me to give this to you" Jieun lied.

Present day...

Everyone gathered at the office space while Jimin was trying to reach Jieun but it kept going to voicemail. "Why isn't she answering the phone?" Jimin asked as he called her again. "I don't think she'll come" Naeun said while looking up from her phone. "Why?" Jimin asked as he looked at her.

Jieun was getting dressed when her phone started ringing, "Aish, who keeps calling" Jieun answered and ignored the call. She grabbed her phone and left her room as her phone started ringing again, "I'm not interested in what you're selling" Jieun answered.

"It's Jimin" he said.

"I think you have the wrong number. I don't know anyone with that name" she said as she reached the bottom of the stairs. "We met yesterday. We talked about debuting" he said. She thought about it for a while till it hit her, "Ah. What is it?" she asked.

"Everyone's meeting up to officially start. I'll text you the address" he said and hanged up. Jieun looked at her phone as the text came in, followed by a sigh. "What are you staring at?" Seunghee asked as she walked besides her. Jieun quickly turned the screen on her phone off. "Nothing. Unni, what are you doing here?" Jieun asked as she turned to her. "I left my bag here yesterday. Umma keeps talking about wanting to sue that girl who hit you" she said.

"I told her to drop it."

"What do you expect? But sueing someone is not something you can do for fun, it's taking time away from my work."

"I decided to forgive, isn't that something you and umma have been trying to get me to do. I have to go" Jieun said and walked out. She got in her car and saw the bag of pastries she bought yesterday. When she arrived at the address she grabbed the bag and got out the car she looked at the building. "Is it the whole thing? Guess it's not a scam" she said while walking towards it. She walked up the stairs and walked in as she scrunched up her nose. "I thought it was the building" she said to herself while looking around. "You came" Jimin said to her. "Annyoung" Jinah smiled at her while Naeun stared at her hands. Jieun set the bag on the table, "Help yourself" she told them, "So this is your office? Do you guys even have sponsers?" she asked.

"Not yet. But we're working on it?" he said.

"Wow. Whose sports cars is parked outside?" Suga asked as he walked in. "Sports car?" Jimin asked. Jieun looked at him, Sugas stood shocked to see her. "Whose he?" she asked.

"Our songwriter and co-CEO" Jimin answered. Jieun walked around, inspecting the stuff while Suga pulled Jimin outside. "Why is she here?" Suga asked in a low whisper.

"She's part of the group. Waeyo? You know here?"

"I know her sister."

"Her sister?" he asked.

Bora sat down in her aparment while staring at her phone, she clicked her tongue and texted Jinah. 'Where are you?' She crossed her foot together while waiting for a response till her phone pinged. 'I'm at Suga hyung's company. Although it's not much' Jinah texted. 'What's the address. I'll bring some food over' Bora texted. Bora got the text as she got up and went to get some food and brought it to the so-called-company. "Unni" Jinah said as she walked towards her, "Bora. What are you doing here?" Suga asked her.

"Jinah said she was hungry so I bought some jajangmyeon" she said while holding up the bag. Jinah took it from her, "These are the members?" she asked.

"Yeah, Jimin said you didn't want to join anymore."

"I didn't. Just came to check it out" she said while looking around, "Where is Jimin anyways?"

"He went to the bank" Suga answered.

Jieun glanced over at them, "Whose that?" she asked. Jinah swallowed the food in her mouth, "Bora unni, originally she was supposed to be in this group" Jinah said. Jieun looked at her, "Originally? What happened?" Minah asked.

"She didn't want to join, and we have all four members already" Jinah said. Jieun grabbed her purse while getting up, "Where are you going?" Suga asked.

"She can take my spot. Being an idol isn't on my list. That's if you want the slot" Jieun said.

"If you're leaving" Bora said.

"See. Bye" Jieun said and left, closing the door behind her. "Did we just lose a member already?" Minah asked. Naeun looked at the door as she clicked her tongue.