Chapter 6

Lara’s POV

“Does this look nice on me or should I try another one?” Thos are the exact same words Beck says every time she goes out of the dressing room with the exact same pair of polo blouses, only varying from their colors.

“What’s the difference besides the color?” I ask and saw her eyes rolling. “I mean, they all look nice on you.” That’s a lie.

“Oh really?” No. “But what I’m looking for is a polo that matches the beauty of my tan skin, unlike your pale ones.” She huffs, presumably knowing the meaning behind my not-so-obvious lie.

“So what? You have a shit load of money. Then why not buy yourself all of it?”

“I am on budgeting.” She answers as she went back to the dressing room hopefully to change back to her original ones. If you ever wanted to take me out and hang with me, better not take me to a shopping mall or I’ll beat the soul out of you.

“You, budgeting, doesn’t match.”

“Haha.” She mocks and went out of the dressing room which made me lose a relived sigh. “Wait in the entrance and I’ll pay for this, okay?” I nod and she started walking to the nearest counter along the women’s clothing line.

I walked along the hall and stopped at the bottom of the sign that says ‘PENSHOPPE’ in red letterings.

Waiting along, there was a woman with her black Chihuahua barking at me and somehow at the back of my mind I see a vision of me strangling the dog. But no, though, it’s still a dog. And I received a text message from Niall saying that the reunion tonight is to continue and I should come. I’ll try, though. I don’t know where I would end up with me on Beck’s tail.

“Hey, Lara, you missed me?” Beck says from behind and I turn around, taking sight of her and her five paper bags full of clothes. I roll my eyes and we walked towards another shop. But as I came past Penshoppe’s sensors for the thieves, it screamed sirens that alarmed the whole floor of the mall.

Literally.

The mall guards ran towards me and quickly checked my bag and pockets for the ‘unpaid stuff’.

“I didn’t do anything! I haven’t even got into the store yet! Well technically I have, but still, I didn’t steal anything!” I insist as the security handcuffs me and checks my bag for anything unpaid.

But one guard stood up and pointed at my head. “It’s the hat, guys. She stole it.” He says and with a sigh in shock I look at Beck who was standing there beside the shop’s entrance as if she doesn’t even know me. Wow, what a friend she is. I bet she placed the damn hat on my head to embarrass me in front of everyone.

They literally dragged me to the mall’s security office as I fight my way out of their tight grasps, watching Beck continue her fucking shopping.

I stayed in the office’s cell as I waited for someone to get me, maybe Niall or Harry or whoever it is that might bribe me out of here.

“I didn’t fucking steal the damn hat. Who would steal that shitty head piece? Like anybody wears those pieces of shit!” I exclaimed and the security guarding me inserted earphones into his ears to prevent my voice into ringing in his head.

I raise my arms in defeat and I drop on the ground with my face on my knees. Quietly, I sob in the fact that this is the first time I have ever been in jail or a small cell before and that Niall is going to hate me for this and Beck is a bitch for leaving me alone.

I feel my eyes tired of continuous crying so I tried to rest them, hoping that someone would come.

“Hey, wake up.” A familiar male voice woke me up. A voice that was with me since when I was in a dock back in Mullingar. A voce that was with me all the time. A voice that haunts me. And with those thoughts, I looked up at the origin of the voice, only to notice that… Shit. Shit, no this is not happening. “I bribed you out. You can go now.” He says as he left the room, leaving me dumbfounded with my jaw on the floor.